How It All Began

Chapter 1

A/N: This chapter starts off the day they go to 9 ¾ for their first day of their sixth year.

(Jenna-Jay spends her summers with Cedric since her mom is c r a z y... so her waking up next to Cedric is not out of the ordinary).  

Cedric woke up bright and early to find Jenna-Jay laying next to him on his left. He smiled at the sight of her while wrapping his arm around her, as he nuzzled his face into her scruffy hair.

-Cedric's POV-

I felt JJ slightly twitch under my head and I glanced over to see if she had awoken. She tilted her head towards me and gave me a sleepy smile, her eyes barely open. She sat up straight, looked around, and rubbed her eyes trying to adjust to the morning light. Her hair was knotted, frizzy and a hectic mess, which made me chuckle to myself since it was oddly adorable. She glared at me and shook her head while crawling back into my arms. I loved the feeling of her next to me. However, I knew I wouldn't be lucky enough to wake up next to her every morning because she only saw me as a friend.

"Are you ready to get out of bed?" I asked while giving her a smile.

"Five more minutes," she whispered while pulling me closer.

"Sorry, but future Jenna-Jay is going to be pissed I didn't get you out of bed," I said as I got up and started getting ready even though I still wanted to be in her arms.

I put on loose jeans and a t-shirt JJ gave me for Christmas last year.

I opened her luggage and grabbed a yellow dress. I always loved when she wore dresses, it complimented her figure.

I looked in the mirror and saw my messy hair flopped in different directions. I put a little gel here and there to make myself look presentable. Then I went back to check on Jenna-Jay.

Her head was now on my pillow and she was lying diagonally across the bed.

"Jenna-Jay Evans you got to wake up."

She groaned as a reply.

"You are impossible sometimes."

I trudged down the stairs and I saw a pancake breakfast my mother made for JJ and I. My father sat at the table reading the Daily Prophet.

"Smells amazing! Thank you mum."

"No problem sweetie, where's Jenna-Jay?"

"Like usual I can't get her out of bed" I chuckled.

"How are you two doing?" My father queried.

"Good, why?" I asked while giving my dad a confused look.

"Oh, no reason, just curious," he said while raising an eyebrow. Before I had time to question my father, JJ walked down the stairs in the yellow dress and her hair loosely curled. She looked beautiful as she came up to me with a wide smile spread across her beautiful features.

"I know I'm finally up," she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Took you long enough," I mumbled.

She gave me a playful punch in the arm.

"Thank you so much for breakfast, it looks amazing," she complimented, while sitting down to enjoy the food.

-Jenna-Jay's POV-

We ran through 9 ¾ and just like every year, people shoved past left and right. The first years nervously walked into the train after hugging their parents for an extended period of time. I, however, did not have a parent of my own to hug. Yes, I did have Cedric's parents to hug, but they were his parents, not mine, even though I viewed them as parental figures in my life. I walked ahead and behind me I could vaguely hear Cedric's dad.