Part 10

Freedom.

The dream that I sought to achieve.

The dream that I chased disobeying orders and abandoning that place.

In essence freedom is the only thing that could change my life.

The life that consisted of success until I failed.

The life of the empty masterpiece.

Freedom was my escape.

Freedom was my opportunity to experience a new way of growing.

That place was perfect for growing mentally and physically but with my freedom I would be given a chance to finally explore the things I abandoned for success.

Emotions and Love.

But I have come to learn that freedom is a cruel cold dream.

Freedom sounds and looks so simple.

However it is always too far out of grasp because no matter what you do you are never free until death.

To be truly free is a lie and this lie is what I was seeking.

So I have given up on freedom.

My plan is still a normal and peaceful life but their are strings to that normal life which I cannot ignore.

One of those strings is my class.

I know this because I am currently helping Horikita investigate the special annex for clues pertaining to Sudo's case.

"Horikita why me?"

"Huh?"

"Well you asked me even though I told you to consider me similar to Koenji which means leave me out of class problems so why?"

"You were available"

"That's a lie because Hirata volunteered to help you"

After the lessons Hirata had came over and asked Horikita if she needed help with anything and even tried to give his contact so she can call him whenever but she turned him down.

"I don't trust him"

"So what about me?"

"What?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes"

I closed my eyes and put my head against the wall.

So she trusts me huh?

Maybe that is why she is so reliant on me and keeps disturbing my peaceful life.

If so then I guess I just have to destroy her trust in me.
.
.
.
"It's too hot here I can't think straight"

I was complaining to deaf ears hoping she would get annoyed and send me away but it was pointless.

"Stop moaning I am done now"

"We were here for 2 hours"

The sun was scorching and because the special building doesn't have AC the heat was unbearable.

"Let's go"

We started walking out and as we got to a corner I bumped into someone.

"Sorry"

"N-no i-it was m-my fault" The person on the floor was a girl with butt length pink hair in two pigtails. She looked small and timid despite being of average height and the same age as me.