Chapter 4 - Aelin

Winnowing was not what I expected, when the darkness swallowed us whole, I let my panic slip its leash and Feyre noticed. I tried to play it off, but I don't think she was convinced. She set us down outside a white stone manor covered in rose bushes. Tamlin and Lucien were already there.

"I will show her to a room." Feyre said, beckoning for me to follow her.

"I don't think so." Tamlin growled, he stepped in between the two of us "She is going to the dungeon until she can prove she isn't a threat."

"You promised you would never use those things again." Feyre voice broke and I knew she was like me, she had history in a cell.

"Not if your safety is in danger." He easily replied without even looking at her.

'It is going to go dark again,' she whispered into my mind.

Darkness settled around us and she was suddenly next to me, she took my hand and pulled me away from Tamlin. The darkness cleared.

"You promised me, I am not letting you break that promise." Tears shone in her eyes and I knew she had won.

"Fine, but I am giving you extra guards." Tamlin snapped at her. She inclined her head for me to follow and I did, grateful that she got me out of the dungeons.

"Thank you for the warning." This girl was hurting yet she still found it in her to be kind to me.

"It's ok." We walked in comfortable silence until she stopped and opened a door.

"This is beautiful." I breathed, she smiled at me.

"I do have to ask you something." I turned to her and dipped my chin.

"Are you from another world?"

"How did..." she didn't let me finish my question.

"I could feel the energy of the portal where we found you, and you have no idea what a High Lord is."

I sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed, Feyre sat on a chair in front of a vanity.

"I have placed a shield around the room, no one can get in and no one can hear us."

"You promised me an explanation, I will tell you my story only once you have told me yours."

"Ok," she sighed, "I'm not too sure where to start though."

I could tell that she was struggling to tell me her story, her eyes had shadowed, and it looked like she was about to be sick. I decided to save her from it.

"I don't suppose there is somewhere round here a girl could get chocolate?" she gave me a wicked grin.

"I know just the place."