My Heart Aflutter

//Third Person//

Dorathy ran her way downtown. Tail wagging happily as she headed for Coffee Sweet, her favorite coffee shop known to existence. She went everyday without fail, even if she was late for work. She didn't care, she needed her coffee and her small chat with the workers there. Oddly enough, a good amount of the workers there were people Dorathy went to school with.

"Good Morning, Coffee Sweet!!"

Dorathy shouted out into the small shop, the workers there smiling at her bright energy. Some customers looking at her oddly for such an outburst. She headed up to the counter, speaking with Amelia.

"Good Morning, Amelia. How is your morning??"

The cat hybrid infront of her put in Dorathy's order of her regular coffee and her strawberry croissant as she answered.

"You ask this everyday, it's only just started, Dorathy."

However, Ameila wasn't annoyed. She liked the fact that the first question she was asked was about how she was doing. It was nice,

"You say that everytime, you can always tell me how you are feeling now as an answer, Ameila."

Dorathy responded, enthusiastic as usual. She did this while fishing through her wallet for the needed amount of money. She payed up and went on her way to sit while she waited for her order. She got here a bit early today so she could relax a bit and enjoy herself. Her tail swinging behind her the entire time.

She suddenly stopped, something catching her eye. This bright color of red, causing her to look over. Landing her eyes on another female, who was sitting by herself. Her tea and sandwich beside her as she scrolled through her phone. . . Someone new . . . Someone Dorathy also found very pretty at a glance. . .

Her heart pounded as she started staring at the poor girl. She was in such a trance that even her tail had stopped moving. Dorathy stared for way too long, because the girl had noticed and started feeling quite uncomfortable. Enough to speak up,

"Um, hey? Is something the matter?"

Hearing her voice almost made Dorathy choke. It was soft, only reason she had heard it at all was because of her enhanced hearing as a dog. It was timid, almost sickening sweet for some people. But Dorathy had a major sweet tooth.

She quickly snapped out of her trance, her cheeks burning up and flushing red. Her tail tucked between her legs as anxiety swamped her. Her throat suddenly rough and dry and she started to sweat. She didn't even try speaking, she just walked over and sat at the seat across from the female. Shaking off her nerves before smiling and her tail popping back out to swing back and forth once again.

"Hi! My name is Dorathy, sorry for staring."

She nervously smiled, holding out her hand for the green eyed beauty to shake. Which she did, smiling softly at Dorathy.

"Hi, I'm Bailey."

Bailey. . . It suits her perfectly . . .

The pace of Dorathy's tail quickened, showing her extreme excitement. She still felt incredibly nervous and her anxiety caused her to bounce her leg up and down softly to calm herself.

"It's nice to meet you Bailey, is this your first time here?"

She placed her hands and elbows onto the table, watching as Bailey put her phone away. Landing her full attention on the conversation and Dorathy.

"I've been a few times before, I don't get to come here often but it's a real nice place."

Dorathy looked at her in disbelief,

"How did I miss you before?"

She blurted it out without thinking much. She always did this, talked to herself and aloud without thinking of who would hear.

Bailey was going to ask what Dorathy meant when a worker came along to give Dorathy's order.

"Sorry it took a while, love. Hope you have time."

She looked up and smiled, removing her hands from the table so her food could be placed down.

"No worries, Nathan! Thank you!!"

The male smiled down at her and pet her head before leaving to continue his work. Dorathy's attention turning to her coffee, blowing on it to cool it down.

Bailey looked at her for a bit before speaking,

"You seem close with the employees here."

She looked up, their eyes locking. Dorathy smiling again before answering,

"Yeah, I'm a regular here. I've also known a lot of the workers since highschool."

Bailey listened and watched the other female closely. She had such a bright energy, you really couldn't help but smile when around her. A very childish spirit.

"Alright, well I don't have much time but I would like to know you better. Are you okay with exchanging numbers?"

She choked hearing that, causing her to cough violently for a minute or so. Bailey worryingly asking if she was alright and pat her back softly. Dorathy took a sip of her coffee to stop her own choking, looking at Bailey.

"I-I'm sorry, you just caught me off guard."

Dorathy laughed and held her chest as she caught her breath. She also did this to feel her heart beat, she could hear it loudly in her ears! She couldn't stand being so close to Bailey, it sounded so stupid but she was just too pretty. . .

"Um, but yes. I would love to give you my number so we can talk! I'd love to get to know you!!"

Her tail was wagging again, thumping against her sides when it swung from side to side. Making a padded thud sound, causing Bailey smile and giggle at the cute action.

"Alright, pass me your phone. Here's mine."

They quickly put their numbers into one another's phone, adding in their names as well.

Bailey left shortly after, leaving Dorathy in some sort of shock.

Did that really just happen??

She stared down at her phone, at the new contact. Her cheeks burning as she stared at it. She couldn't believe it, the most beautiful woman she's ever seen just gave her their number.

Bailey Amana

This was insane. . .

.

.

.

Dorathy ended up being late for work again.