Beauty

//Third Person//

Dorathy walked into her work place, being greeted by her co-workers and the kids.

"You're late, again Dorathy."

Her cheeks grew a light pink, remembering what happened earlier that morning. Jaz, her co-worker taking note of this, but letting the canine off the hook this time. She'd never seen the girl so distracted. It was the small children surrounding her that snapped her out of it.

Dorathy smiled down at them and sent them into the main room as she signed in. Going into a separate part of the building to put her things away. Along with grabbing the materials she would need for today, heading back to the kids in the main room. Many of them crowding around her for hugs and hellos.

"Hello!! Good Morning everyone!! I know, I missed you guys too!"

Dorathy smiled with them and started walking, a little cluster of them following. This wasn't unusual, all her co-workers looked on and laughed at the sight. No matter how many times they saw it. She sat on the floor and they sat around her. The only ones who didn't cling like this, were shy or maybe a bit older.

"Alright, who has homework they have to finish?"

They all groaned at the mention of school, and a loud chorus of complaints erupted. Jax having to step in to help Dorathy calm them down. Giving them a bit of a scolding for the slight misbehavior. This was probably why Jax wasn't as liked as others because she was a rule keeper. But she was respected, and that was all she needed.

"Alright, trouble makers. You know the rules, go finish up and if you need help then don't be afraid to ask."

She stood and walked over to greet the other kids who didn't come up to her. After, going to greet the other staff in the room. She always did this in the morning, it brought a smile to people's faces and it made Dorathy happier.

"Hey, Dorathy. I wanna ask you something."

She looked up from her paper and made eye contact with Jax. Who was smiling down at the canine. Dorathy than sat up and gave Jax their full attention. But June came along before Jax could even get her question out.

June, being another co-worker of Dorathy's. The two were very good friends, along with one of the few hybrids that worked at the kids center. Being a dog and goat hybrid, which gave her a lot of unique features.

"Hey Dorathy, wanna hangout with me and my siblings later? We'd love to catch up!"

The canine smiled and gladly agreed to the sudden hangout. It was always great fun to hangout with June and her siblings. They were the reason she even knew sign language, always something new to learn! . .

.

.

.

Soon after work, June and Dorathy drove to Jen's house. It was actually an apartment but it was their main hangout spot when they all decided to hangout. The two walked into the large building, joking and filling the empty hallways with loud laughter. Sometimes you couldn't contain yourself.

When they got to Jen's door, it already opened. Revealing Jen's girlfriend, Carla. Who greeted the two with a devilish grin, pulling the two inside. Putting her finger over her lips as a signal to keep quiet. June looked on confused and Dorathy just went with it. Waiting for the most obvious secret Carla was going to share. Noticing that they were the first to arrive.

They could hear that Jen was in the shower so they snuck past the bathroom door and to the living room. Plopping down on the couch and ready to listen. They were so confused. So, Carla started speaking in a hushed whisper,