The Dramatic Prologue

As the rain pours down on Del Valle's residence at San Diego, the loudest shouts, the most unpleasant scream, the unending cries, and immortal tantrums are heard in every corner of the house. But among the family members, who were all fighting and defending themesleves, Kelsy Del Valle's scream stood up among the rest.

"I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG BADLY MOM! HOW COME YOU'D MAKE A SHAME OF ME IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY IN THE UNIVERSITY?! YOU'RE MAKING ME A DUMB FREAK IN THERE! YOU NEVER HAD MERCY FOR ME! I DID EVERYTHING TO BE THE BEST STUDENT OF THE CLASS YET YOU WON'T APPRECIATE EVERY BIT OF EFFORT I PRODUCE! YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FEELINGS!", Kelsy shouted at the top of her lungs to make a way to her mother about her sentiments the past afternoon. Her mother was very mad this time, she wanted to spank her daughter but Kyle, a 15 year old brother of Kelsy controlled her temper.

"IF YOU ONLY KNEW YOUR FATHER'S AND MINE'S HARDSHIPS BACK THEN IN THE PHILIPPINES, YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE YOU INHERITED SUCH TRAIT KELSY.. I DIDN'T KNOW FROM WHOM! IT WAS REALLY A GREAT MISTAKE ON OUR PART FOR RAISING YOU IN THIS KIND OF COUNTRY! I NEVER TAUGHT YOU TO HAVE A LOT OF RELATIONSHIPS WITH DIFFERENT GUYS! KEEP IN MIND YOU'RE THIRTEEN, KELSY! YOU'RE STILL VERY YOUNG! BEING A TEEN-AGER WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT MATURED!", Kelsy's mother gave her daughter the very content of her anger. Yes, Kelsy had a lot of tandems with different boys her age. She would make fun of love.. tricking her EX-es and breaking up with them for no good. She never even mind that she was studying on a most respected university not only in USA but in the whole world. Kelsy is indeed a smart girl, yet she does have a lot of attitude problems. 

"WHY", Kelsy laughed, "I INHERITED SUCH TRAIT FROM FATHER!", she points his father sitting on the sofa eyeing her sharply, "I ACTUALLY READ AN ARTICLE FROM THE PHILIPPINE NEWSPAPERS, AN ARTICLE SAYING THAT FATHER HAD BEEN INVOLVED ON DIFFERENT WOMEN.. AND I KNOW I HAVE A LOT OF HALF-SIBLINGS IN THE PHILIPPINES! ISN'T THAT TOO OBVIOUS MA?", she laughed heartily on her seat, never minding her mother almost breathing every atom of oxygen available while lying at Kyle's arms. Her father never allowed himself to get tarnished. He got up the sofa and spanked Kelsy, who instantly fell on the floor and began sobbing.

"WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU DAD? I'M NOT INSULTING YOU! I'M JUST PROCLAIMING THE UGLY TRUTH! I ACTUALLY KNEW YOU HAVE A BAD REPUTATION BACK IN THE PHILIPPINES.. THAT YOU'RE THE MOST--" Kelsy never dared to continue her words. She was hit again by her father. That interrupted her.

"KELSY! YOU NEVER KNEW THE WHOLE STORY! I NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D ARRIVE AT THIS STAGE WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS OVER YOUR FAMILY!", Kelsy's father yelled. "YOU'VE BECAME A REBEL! AND I NEVER HAD A DAUGHTER WHO IS REBELLIOUS--"

"IF I'M BECOMING A REBEL, THAT IS BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF BEING OVERPROTECTED BY YOU! CAN'T YOU SEE, MOM AND DAD? I'M THIRTEEN AND I'VE GROWN UP A BIT! GRANT ME FREEDOM, PLEASE? THAT'S WHAT I'M ASKING YOU FOR!", Kelsy knelt to her father, crying. Her father really never had patience for her this time. "PLEASE?"

"IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ASK FOR, STAND UP! I HATE EMOTIONAL KIDS!", her father commanded and the spoiled Kelsy stood up crying in foyer. "I ASK YOU. IF YOU REALLY WANT FREEDOM, YOU'RE GOING TO AGREE ON YOUR MOTHER AND MINE'S DECISION FOR YOU. PROMISE US, YOUR PARENTS. YOU'RE GOING TO AGREE, WHATEVER THE DECISION IS!", Kelsy's father seemed too serious. That decision was all ready made for Kelsy the past three months, eversince they noticed a strange behavior on Kelsy. Kelsy lightened up. She seem to agree with her parents.

"Whatever that is, I STRONGLY AGREE TO IT! Just GRANT ME FREEDOM!", that was her reply.

"THEN", Kelsy's father glanced at his wife, who is being accompanied by Kyle. Mrs. Del Valle gave a strong nod in return. Now, the father knew that what he'll be saying is right for Kelsy's bad ways. 

"KELSY", her mother went beside her father. Kelsy had a lot of tears rolling on her cheeks. She really needed freedom badly. "Kelz, you'd better pack your things. You're going to stay in the Philippines for your teen-age years." Kelsy had the worst grimace ever. She retrieved her shouting voice and went on yelling again.

"NOOO!", Kelsy screamed. "ME? STAYING IN THE PHILIPPINES?! THAT'S A NO, NO! I WON'T EVER DARE TO STAY ON A CORRUPT COUNTRY MOM AND DAD! I WON'T EVEN CARE IF I'M A FILIPINO! I'M THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED BY THAT COUNTRY! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT! I WON'T STICK TO SUCH AGREEMENT! NEVER!"

"BUT YOU DESERVE IT!", her mother exclaimed, "DON'T WORRY, KYLE WILL BE GOING WITH YOU, AND YOU WILL BE STAYING AT TERENCE''S, YOUR COUSIN'S HOUSE! WHY, IT IS ALSO A FIRST CLASS SUBDIVISION AND--"

"Seriously?", Kyle interrupted. "Me? and Kelsy? In the Philippines?"

"Oh sure Kyle! You're a good boy after all--", the mother patted Kyle's back. Kyle, who always hates to be patted on his back sighed.

"SEE? KYLE AIN'T CONVINCED EITHER!", Kelsy shouted again. At this point, she began bursting into tears again. Kyle just laughed and said he was indeed convinced.

"I AM CONVINCED, LITTLE SISTER. I AM THOUGH", that was Kyle's remark. Then he went to sit on a nearby sofa and said, "I am interested on what a corrupt life means either." Kelsy kept on nodding her head and proclaims that life in the Philippines has no use.

"BUT YOUR LIFE HAS NO USE IN HERE EITHER", the mother insulted her daughter. 

''NOW GO PACK YOUR THINGS, KELSY, AND BY THE WAY.." Her father got something from his pocket and it seemed like a ticket good for two for a flight to the Philippines. "HERE, I GOT YOU NOW A TICKET, KELSY. IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT A DAY TO ARRIVE IN THERE AND YOU WOULD BE STOPPING AT NAIA at Pasay City. Your cousin, Terence, would be there to fetch you and his house? It is about--"

''YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! NEVER!", Kelsy was really exhausted crying and made a walk-out. Everyone was deeply shocked.

But no matter how Kelsy's parents did regret about their final decision, the agreement still remains the same..

Life in the Philippines? How does it feel to be living in a country you knew you belonged yet had the worst impressions on it at the same time?

You? If you were in Kelsy's shoes, will you be rebellious or let loose in the end?

It all begins in here.

Now click Chapter One.