CHAPTER SIXTEEN

So so sorry for taking this long. No excuses I definetly need to start updating way more often. Please enjoy the chapter. 💖

........YOUR POV........

As if on cue the door opened and out stepped Eleven.

"Whats going on?" She asked as she walked out of the doorway and closer to the group.

Everyone's eyes were still wide, the words Mike had spoken just moments ago still repeating in our minds. Mikes eyes widened the most as he saw El and her confused gaze.

"Nothing. Nothing!" Mike said, brushing off the previous conversation and internally begging she hadn't heard what he said.

"Just a family discussion" Lucas stated. Mike seemed appreciative of that. "Oh" Eleven said softly, I could tell that even she felt the awkward tension in the room.

"I found him" confusion washed over everyone in the room. Before anyone got the chance to ask, Nancy did. "Found...who?"

-Time skip-

After Eleven informed us that it was Billy who she had found we didn't waste time finding out what he was doing.

I turned the channel on the television until one with only static came up. She sat on the floor in front of it as Max went back into the room to retrieve her blindfold.

Not even twenty minutes out of her head and she's already going back in. I was ashamed of myself, and the rest of us, that only now was I realizing how exhausted she looked.

I knew she was tired, even if she didn't want to admit it. She was strong and skilled, but that doesn't mean she can't get tired down. She needs to rest. She won't last long if she doesn't get a break.

Maybe I should try for once. I wasn't going to blame anyone for her powers being used too much, but she does need a break, so maybe I can fill in for a while. Afterall, we can both do the same things. Just at different levels.

I placed my hand on Elevens shoulder. She jumped slightly. I sighed and kneeled down in front of her.

"You're exhausted. You need a break. Let me try." She looked up at me as I spoke. She processed my words and immediately shook her head no.

"El, please. You're doing a lot. We appreciate it, but not everything in the universe weighs on your shoulders. Especially not now, I'm here too y'know. Let me help." I offered her a small smile, letting her know that she can let me take her role for a bit.

She didn't say anything, but I stood up and held out my hand. She hesitated, but eventually took it after she tried her hardest to suppress a yawn.

I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you." She spoke to me, genuine thanks and relief sounded in her voice. "Don't thank me. I'll help you out anytime."

She took a seat next to Mike and I sat down in her place. Max came out from the room with the blindfold she was supposed to give to Eleven.

She walked over to me and gave me a questioning look. I didn't say anything, just motioned over to where El and Mike were sitting. Her head was on his shoulder and it looked like she was already drifting off.

Max nodded, understanding, and handed me the blindfold. I was about to tie it around my eyes when I felt a tap on my arm. I turned around to meet the hazel eyes that belonged to Will.