one :

K E O N N A
📍Baltimore

K E O N N A 📍Baltimore

9 years ago

I sat in the backseat of my daddy's Suv with my sister and my brother beside me, we all listened as him and my mother argued which began to be normal for us, because it was always happening.

"I have had enough of your shit Jeremiah" my mother, Jada said then he looked at her.

"You ain't had enough of nothing, bitch you ain't going nowhere" he said and I watched the fear in her eyes.

"Don't be calling my mama no bitch" my brother, Bryson said with base in his voice. His voice was slowly changing due to him growing up, he was the oldest out of me and Jazaiya.

"Bryson you want me to get out this car and do you some?" he said and Jazaiya sucked her teeth.

"Do me some den" Bryson said back.

"You not touching my brother or my mama. So you can cut all that out right now" Zai said nonchalantly.

"Zai" Bryson nudged her and I just blocked them out by listening to music in my earphones.

"Why y'all can't be like Keonna, she know how to stay in her own lane" my daddy said and I just rolled my eyes.

I hated to be used as an example, because in my eyes wasn't nobody perfect. I sure wasn't, I was only 9 trying to catch the candy lady before the sun went down.

"Because we not Keonna" Zai said then crossed her arms.

"Exactly, if this what having a dad feel like I damn sure don't want one" Bryson said.

"Bryce, watch your mouth" my mama scolded and my daddy laughed.

"Your wish is granted" my daddy said parking the car. I looked up seeing we were at our one story 10 year old house, wasn't much but it was enough.

"Good" Bryson said then got out the car and slammed the door. My daddy followed after him, then there sat me, Zai and my mama.

"I'm so sorry i'm putting y'all through this at such a young age" my mama said fighting her tears, not even having the guts to look us in the face.

"It's not your fault mama" I said lowly.

"No. No i'm sick and tired of blaming Jeremiah. Mama you need to take some of the blame too, you sit there and let him talk to you like a dog. You need to boss up, i'm only 11 and know what's going on" Zai said and I just lowly sighed.

"Jazaiya, please" I said and she scoffed.

"She's right Keonna" my mama said wiping her face.

That day, was the last day I saw my daddy's face. He got his stuff, and just left.

Now, i'm 19 and trying my best to work on myself and my career. Jazaiya was 21 focusing on her well known hair salon in Baltimore, and for Bryson he was sitting in jail for of course, drugs.