Starr Carter

Starr Carter from the Hate U Give by Angie Thomson is very fierce.

Seeing Starr grow throughout the book into a girl that speaks out about racism and hate is really inspiring. I feel that I was able to understand her and really see how racism and police can effect the world negatively. 

Watching as Starr faces a grand jury, tear-gassing police and fighting police and racist friends is really motivational and encourages me to speak out about issues I see in life. She talks about these topics, even though she may be scared or in danger. 

She fiercely protects her family and friends. She has experiences and knows what it feels like to lose someone who's important to you. She wants to keep everyone safe and will go to great lengths to do that. 

The book really depicts her strong opinions and feelings. You can see she really cares about the topics she talks about. She is willing to speak out in the end and refuses to take people's racism and bullying. She won't let people discriminate or kill her, just because of her skin color. 

I really admire Starr and her strength that she uses in everything throughout the book. What she does is really admirable. She fights things as best as she can and speaks out about world problems that directly affect her. 

The Hate U Give and Starr really talk a lot about problems with the US and the world at large even today. It goes into talking about the corruptness of police and the judicial system. How police will target black people and kill them for no reason and then not even go to jail or have any charges placed against him. 

It depicts a riot/protest, where Starr speaks out about her friend, who was unreasonably murdered, where the police officer wasn't even charged with the death. It goes into how Starr feels as if she has to pretend to be a different person, to fit in with her school. And how she is judged for being in a relationship with a white boy. 

She really powers through lots of stuff. She's experiencing so many things when she is so young but you can really see her working through so many of her problems and fixing things for the better. She motivates other characters to do things and reach for goals they might not have before. She reaches into your mind and really makes you think. 

I learned a lot from reading about Starr and her story. It's really interesting and she is really admirable and fierce. Starr is so strong in everything she does and even though she may be fictional, she seems real. 

Starr Carter is just a really admirable female character and I really look up to her and respect her for how she has changed my viewpoint of the world. She is extremely strong, smart and fierce and I think could be a role model to many young girls.