Chapter 24: When Destiny Calls........

After an intense battle between Team K and Team L, (Y/N)'s team managed to emerge victorious after successfully destroying the opposing team's crystal. Meanwhile, those who were watching from afar still had expressions of disbelief on their faces as they still couldn't believe the fight they had witnessed. The two teams that had just fought met for the last time and congratulated each other on each other's performance before returning to the others as the final match of the first round was about to take place, which meant that....It was the turn of Yuno and Noelle's team. While on the way back, Randall made sure Selena wasn't near before taking the opportunity to ask (Y/N) something that had been on his mind ever since the battle had ended.

Randall: "(Y/N), can I ask you something?"

(Y/N): "Hmm? Sure Randall, what's up?"

Randall: "Just back then, when you stopped that monstrous compound magic spell......you weren't actually being serious yet, were you?" He asked with a rather serious tone.

(Y/N): "Heh.....mind telling me how did you come to that conclusion?"

Randall: "Well.....for starters, you have yet to use that type of magic that you possess besides your plasma attribute."

(Y/N): *smirk* "So you still remember huh?"

Randall: "It's not exactly easy to forget an important detail like that....." He deadpanned.

(Y/N): *chuckles* "I guess you have a point..... Anyway, I wasn't actually planning to use it at all, at least directly."

Randall: "Huh? What exactly do you mean by that?"

(Y/N): "You'll have to wait and see." I playfully grinned at him.

After that interaction, the three of us finally went back to the others, where most of them were silently staring at us, well, at me specifically. I could hear some whispers as I passed by some of the participants, but I just shrugged and headed towards the rest of my friends, who were currently encouraging Yuno and Noelle since they were next.

(Y/N): "Hey guys." I waved as I walked closer to them.

Asta: (Y/N)! YOU WERE SO COOL!" Asta exclaimed with starry eyes.

Mimosa: "U-Um, congratulations on your victory, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): *smiles* "Thanks you two. So, how are those two doing?" I asked while pointing at Yuno and Noelle in front of us.

Noelle: "WHAT WAS THAT?! I'll HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I'M ROYALTY!"

I recoiled back slightly at Noelle's sudden outburst at Yuno and just turned to look at Asta and Mimosa with wide eyes, the two just chuckling nervously before walking over to our two friends in front of us.

Noelle: "YOU'RE JUST A COMMONER, A SAVAGE AND A CHILDHOOD FRIEND OF ASTA'S!! CAN YOU EVEN THINK STRAIGHT WHEN YOU'RE FIGHTING?!" Noelle exclaimed rather angrily.

Yuno: "......What a lame comeback.....and that childish way of putting things, did you get that from Asta?" He deadpanned.

Noelle: *blush* "W-WH-WHAAAT?! HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! I SEE THAT EVEN YOUR ATTITUDE IS LIKE THAT OF STUPIDSTA'S!"

Yuno: *chuckles* "You're too flustered.....guess I called it." He smirked as Noelle got even more annoyed.

Noelle: "I'M NOT FLU-FLUSTERED!"

Asta: "H-Hey come on now! Why don't we all get along?" He said as he walked closer.

Mimosa: "Uh.....I have a feeling you had something to do with this Asta...." She stated awkwardly as she too approached the two.