Chapter 9: Mystery of the past

STRONG MAGIC REGION: GRAVITO ROCK ZONE

A hooded figure was currently seen walking through the dense and misty forest that surrounded a large lake in the middle, various rocks of different sizes floating above it as the strong concentration of mana in the area kept them afloat. The mysterious figure paused for a second and admired the scenery before approaching the largest rock of the group, which was also a dungeon. Once inside, the figure walked through some of the dimly lit corridors, small drops of water hitting the ground as the many staclites were melting due to the high temperature inside the dungeon. The figure kept walking through the place before finally reaching the room he was searching for, where two other figures inside were inspecting a large green container in front of them.

Raia: "Hey Vetto, Fana. I'm back." The young man said as he entered the room.

Vetto: "Raia. How did it go at the capital?" He asked as he noticed his friend arrive.

Raia: "Hah, are you seriously doubting my acting skills? Everything went as smoothly as you could imagine." The black-haired man said with a playful smirk.

Vetto: "Whatever you say." The large man rolled his eyes.

Raia chuckled at Vetto's reaction before concentrating on the large container in front of him, which was currently healing one of his companions who had been injured in their most recent battle with the magic knights.

Raia: "How is Licht doing?"

Fana: "He should be fully recovered soon, just in time too." The pink haired girl said as she kept staring at the container with an emotionless expression.

Vetto: "We also learned that one of the magic stones is currently in the underwater temple, I will be going there myself to get it."

Raia: "Hmmm, then you must hurry, the magic knights will surely go after it as well."

Vetto: *chuckles* "I'm counting on it, I'll annihilate them and show them the true meaning of despair." He said with a sinister grin on his face.

Fana: "Humans, I'll never forgive them for hurting Licht, I'm going to kill all of them."

Raia: "Oh, right. I have some alarming news to tell the two of you." Raia said as his expression changed to a more serious one.

Vetto: "Hmmm? What is it Raia?" He asked with a concerned tone.

Raia: "It appears that Valtos and Sally were right after all. I'm still not sure how or why, but it seems like a new plasma user has been chosen for this era."

Vetto: "Tch. You have to be kidding me, what a terrible time for one to appear." He said with an irritated tone.

Raia: *sigh* "Yeah, his existence may prove troublesome for our plans." He said as he rubbed the back of his head.

Fana: "If its true, then we must kill him at once, its too risky for him to be let loose."

Raia: "Heh, its not that easy Fana. This human has already unlocked the ability to use the fire property."

Vetto: "What?! How did he manage to do that in such a short amount of time?" The tall beast asked in surprise.

Fana: "Raia, are you certain of this?"

Raia: "I wish I was kidding, but I saw him use it with my own eyes, it seems that even today humans turn out to be a nuisance."

Vetto: "Well, if that's the case, we have no time to waste. I'll have to go ahead and get ready to raid the water temple next week." He said as he walked out to plan for the water temple raid.