O N E

[ A text conversation between Juicyfruitsnacks and EddieVR ]

𝑬𝑫𝑫𝑰𝑬
Yo, Gaege, you seen this girl's vids? She's catching up to us 😳
*𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕*

𝑮𝑨𝑬𝑮𝑬
Ed, you're worrying. No one can beat THE boys. But, y'know, her vids are pretty 👌

𝑬𝑫𝑫𝑰𝑬
Mully has to see this...We have to get her in one of our vids, dawg. She's got 5 mil

𝑮𝑨𝑬𝑮𝑬
5 mil? jeez, yeah, tell Mully and i'll stalk her account ;)

𝑬𝑫𝑫𝑰𝑬
Dawg, when you say it like that it sounds creepy AF

𝑮𝑨𝑬𝑮𝑬
stfu
𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗇

[ GAEGE'S POV ]

Eddie was right...Maybe I needed to stop and think before i speak, well, type but either way, there had to be a thought process. I laid down my phone on the marble counter as a familiar figure stumbled into the living room. It was Kevin. A close friend of mine and one of the people that gave me a reason to even leave my cesspit of a room.

His voice became raspy as his legs drew him closer to the refrigerator. I propped myself upon the dappled counter beside my cellphone as the brunette man whipped up a beer and cocked his head to stare at me. "𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀," He snickered, taking a long drain at the caramel tinted bottle.
I chuckled, "𝗖'𝗺𝗼𝗻, 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗸𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗲."
Kevin frowned, sticking out his tongue and feeling the scarred tastebuds. A self inflicted injury.

I watched as he trailed away towards the couch. A bizarre man yet that was what made him a likeable character. I scooped up my phone with a quick twitch of my thumbs to enter in the passcode as the face ID didn't seem to detect my face. My hands trailed above the Instagram app before i threw myself into the endless feed of typical images. Half-naked women, men and cars...It was the same stuff copy and pasted over and over again just in different fonts. However, after a few moments of a thumb workout, I stumbled upon the girl I was looking for.

𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷𝒀𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑳𝒀, 𝑺𝑨𝑼𝑪𝑬𝑫𝑫𝑰𝑬 𝒂𝒏𝒅 10,031 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

𝒀/𝑵.𝑽𝑹 : i bet y'all are jealous 🙇‍♀️

𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷𝒀𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑳𝒀 : That is a quality setup
𝒀/𝑵.𝑽𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑼𝑨𝑳𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑻𝒀 : THE Mully commenting on y/n's vids? why?
𝑺𝑰𝑴𝑷𝑭𝑶𝑹.𝒀/𝑵 : she's getting attention 💅

𝗅𝗈𝖺𝖽 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

Maybe Mully had stumbled upon her before or Eddie beat me to it. Either way, she was now noticed by Mully and that meant it was time for Mully to start frantically obsessing over her.

I felt a grumble erupt from my chest and my displeasure was quickly interrupted by Kevin's snappy attitude. "𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺?" He called over, grasping the television remote and reducing the volume by a couple of decibels.
I perked up and watched as he locked eyes with me, "𝗘𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆'𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗯𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗿," I confessed, picking up my phone and stuffing it straight into the double pockets laced on the front of my hoodie. I noticed the smirk Kevin had planted along his mouth before I waved him off and disappeared into the depths of my room. Mully was surely going to beg for a call sooner or later so I might as well prep myself.

I pulled myself into my chair and threw on the milky headset. My hands hovered over the mouse before placing myself into the discord call Mully had arranged.
I felt a smile erupt across my face as Eddie greeted me with that casual smirk and Narrator rummaged through a bag of corn chips.

"𝗔𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘀, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲," Mully muttered as he placed down his phone and adjusted his hoodie slightly. Josh seemed to suddenly appear with a glass of milk and a startled expression, "𝗜 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗸," He intruded, slouching down and taking a swig from the glass. Eddie chuckled before Mully shushed everyone.
"𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹. 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿," Mully quickly whipped his phone back up and began to swiftly tap against the screen.
I felt mine vibrate before watching as Narrator adjusted his headset, "𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵? 𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗢𝗬𝗦."
"𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀. 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝘁𝘀," Mully continued.

The call seemed to drag on for hours as Mully explained how and why we were going to contact this girl. I was dubbed the position of actually contacting her and arranging the meet up while the rest of the boys were set to creating skits.

All i had to do was message her but even that task seemed demanding.
I left the call as the other boys followed.
I felt my stomach twist with either anxiety or hunger but I blamed it purely on the fact I hadn't eaten since 7am that morning. With a groan, I pulled myself from the plush seat and trailed back towards the kitchen.

Kevin didn't appear to be in the place he was previously but I brushed it off that he had dipped to the store or disappeared into his room. I pulled open the egg-white refrigerator door and snatched up some left over chicken wings. They were pretty good cold. Still held in the moisture from their first round in the oven; that was what made it a tasteful snack. I took a bite before feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

𝖣𝖨𝖲𝖢𝖮𝖱𝖣
𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷𝒀𝑴𝑼𝑳𝑳𝒀 : You messaged her yet?

I didn't have the effort to message him back but I supposed I had too.

𝑱𝑼𝑰𝑪𝒀𝑭𝑹𝑼𝑰𝑻𝑺𝑵𝑨𝑪𝑲𝑺 : let me eat these wings then i'll do it

My screen was now dappled with grease but a smooth wipe quickly eliminated that problem. I continued eating the wings before placing myself onto the cushioned sofa andn preparing how I was going to ask this complete stranger to meet up.