The life of mortals.

They had been home for some time, but not all was as it normally would be. The girls had quickly gathered the rest of the mansions tenants, eager to show him off, and attempt to assert dominance over the others in an attempt to claim Adun. Kazuma caught on quickly, and stayed nearby to assist Adun, that's what bro's are for right? The girls had brought Chris and Wiz out of their rooms to meet him, although he kept it brief expressing the want to doff his armour, as he had bore it for several days of non-stop carnage. Kazuma acted swiftly and volunteered to escort him to suitable living arrangements, denying the now seething women any chance to... "burden" him. Allowing him to make use of the mansions quite large basement, he quickly set up the mechanicus machine and asked that Kazuma send his apologies to the others, informing him that it could take a substantial amount of time to remove his wargear without the correct servitors. Knowing this, Kazuma steeled himself to keeping the rather aroused party away from the basement for Aduns sake. Upon re-entry to the main living space, the girls all whipped in his direction, glee in their eyes, which faded to annoyance and disappointment at seeing only Kazuma return. Seemingly all wanting to know one thing asked in unison "Where is Adun?". Kazuma sighed.

Kazuma:"He went to start setting up his room how he would like, he asked for some time and privacy and apologizes for his sudden absence."

He waited, half expecting anger or tears upon hearing he would not return as soon as they had hoped. Darkness spoke first.

Darkness:"Ah, he did state he wished to remove his armour, considering I too wear heavy plate, I understand his choice."

They nodded or hummed in agreement.

Darkness"I expect he shall return within the hour?"

The girls all looked hopeful. Kazuma gulped. Here goes the neighborhood.

Kazuma:"Uhhhh.... more like.. um."

Aqua:"Yes Kazuma? What is it?"

She asked innocently, not picking up on his reluctance.

Kazuma:"Try more like... 3 hours...???"

...

...

All: "WHAT!!!???"

Darkness looked befuddled, mouth agape attempting to process what was said, upon calming her stuttering asked,

Darkness: "Again, as a wearer of heavy plate armour, how is it that it would take 3 hours to remove?"

The others listened intently.

Kazuma rubbed his temples, trying to come up with a way to tell them and that they would understand, or believe.

Kazuma: "Look, I hope at least one of you will understand, but his stuff is HIGHLY advanced technology, like, nothing you guys could have ever imagined. He has to be REALLY careful when he takes it off, and the other Knights like him, all have to get it off a certain way, they usually have servants or machines that are trained in removing the armour to speed up the process. Understand?"

They all thought for s moment before begrudgingly accept Kazuma's explanation, except..

Megumin: "Wait, how do you know so much about Adun and where he's from? Didn't Adun say he was from another realm?"

At that, all except Aqua, looked to Kazuma with questioning looks. Thinking quickly and doing his best to compose himself he simply states Adun gave him a crash course to explain his absence. The girls, finally satisfied after interrogating him, simply went about their time, waiting for the guest to make himself known. After managing to curb their enthusiasm, they were all settling down for dinner when they heard slow, but hefty foot steps approaching the dinning room and Adun stepped in. All present nearly had to pick their jaws off the floor, as he stood, in what appeared to be the robes of a monk, a simple dark grey color, but clearly of fine quality. He wore a neutral expression, standing at his behemoth stature, he looked about the room

Adun: "Ah, just in time for supper I see, I apologize for my absence. Tis a labour to remove my war gear. I hope Ser Kazuma gave an ample explanation."

Bowing slightly to further his apology, Darkness spoke up first.

Darkness: "Ah, he did, but as someone who employs heavy gear, I understand the conundrum, though perhaps not at your level. If you would like to join us for dinner, our Arch wizard and local shop-owner Wiz has crafted a seat that should accommodate you at the head of the table. We shall be having crab and wine, I pray you are not allergic?"

At her mention Wiz gives a simple wave as Adun takes his seat. Giving a simple reply to Darkness that crab should be fine.

Thinking for a moment Aqua looks at Adun.

Aqua: "Uhm, forgive me if this comes off as Rude, but from the brief amount you've told us and my own estimation, you strike me as a kind of... holy warrior, are you permitted to drink alcohol?"

Darkness seems to have a realization and facepalms at not realizing he might not be allowed to drink, but before she can speak he replies.

Adun: "You would be correct, though I do not think we are not allowed to drink, I have yet to consume such a thing, as its desired effect would be lost on me."

At this, the whole table looks at him quizzically. As Aqua follows up.

Aqua: "Its effects would be lost on you? How so?"

Adun: "As I have briefly stated, I am an Astartes, we are handcrafted warriors, and I mean that very literally. We are trained, genetically and mechanically augmented, all from a young age. A third lung, second heart, fused ribcage, even new organs. As to why alcohols effect would be null, its simple. My body detoxifies it, before I could ever feel its effect."

The table stares for a moment, all except Kazuma, in further bewilderment.

Aqua: "That... is really sad."

Adun: "Nay, it simply means I may enjoy its rich flavor as much as I'd like, without suffering a drunken stupor."

Megumin: "I mean, he kinda has a point."

Chris: "Yeah, I have to agree. Wish I could drink as much as I want."

Adun chuckles for a moment.

Adun: "That doesn't mean I haven't been inebriated to any degree before."

The table again gives him quizzical looks, before Wiz speaks up.

Wiz: "Wait, if you have before, how?"

Adun: "My chapter isn't the only in existence. There is one in particular that brews a concoction that gives the same intended affect. Though, our chapters share a... rough history, not all of us are so blinded by the past as to not see we serve the same cause."

Wiz: "Oh? But how does this alcohol differ from others?"

Aqua: "And would you be willing to make some for us!? She shouts excitedly.

Adun: "It is fermented and brewed with a specific, and very deadly plant on their homeworld. The alcohol it produces is powerful enough to overcome our bodies resistance... but any non-astartes would perish in moments from a single drop, in short, you would not wish to try it."

The gathered group continues to look on in amazement, and slight horror, at every new revelation. The discussion carries on, between them learning more of him, and he of them. After a couple of hours, they all part ways and retire for the evening, ready to face whatever may come on the morrow.