chapter 8: matching keychains

Y/n's pov:

"Hey Y/n" Osamu said while continuing to hug you.
"Y- yeah?" You replied while closing your eyes.
"He's really warm and I feel so safe in his arms" you thought.
"Y/n"
"Hm?"
"I- I need to tell you something"
"What is it Miya?"

Osamu's pov:
"Should I tell her how I feel? Would she reject me? Maybe she likes my brother better then me? I think I should tell her- but I don't want our friendship to end. Because I love Y/n. Ever since she walked right into the gym for the first time. Ever since I laid eyes on her." He thought.

Y/n pov:

"Osamu, are you okay?" You asked while opening your eyes and raising your head up to look at him. Your chin resting on his chest.

You saw the boy looking into the distance. Not saying a word. Then he looked down at you. And then he put his head on your forehead. You started to blush instantly. "Hey I like ya" Osamu said.

You froze. You couldn't say no words. You didn't know how to feel. You put your arms in front of his chest and backed away.

"Wait but how and why me?" You said while trying to get on a sitting position on your knees. "Why me? I'm just a girl in the background who's just there. Nothing special." You added.

"I just do Y/n" Osamu said while giving you a small smirk-like smile.
"Wait do you mean like friend wise?" You asked.

*Flashback to last year in Tokyo*
You always had small feelings for Osamu. You always thought he was really cute. Especially last year when you both went to get matching key chains at the souvenir shop together on the field trip to Tokyo. You started to feel a strange way when it was just you two.

You got split up from Suna and the other first years. You were completely lost and terrified. You tried to ask people if they seen a group of teenage boys with red jackets but nobody said the answer you were looking for: "yes I have." You felt embarrassed and had a mini panic attack.

"OH GREAT I'M ALONE IN TOKYO! IF ONLY I HAD MY UPPERCLASSMAN MANAGER WITH ME NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN! I DONT KNOW THE BOYS THAT WELL AND THEY PROBABLY DITCHED ME BECAUSE I KNOW THEY DONT LIKE ME!" You said while shaking your head and walking in circles.

"I like ya"

You stopped and turned your head to a familiar voice. You saw a boy. A boy who was wearing a red jacket. Grey hair. Tall. Stuffing his face with onigiris.
"Y/n? where's the rest of them?" Osamu Miya asked while his mouth was stuffed and walking closer to you.

Your face lit up and you ran and hugged Osamu Miya. "I FOUND YA! PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME! I HATE BEING ALONE!" You screamed.

Osamu gave you a confused look.

"Osamu! I can't find yer brother and the others! I asked everyone and no one said yes!" You cried while still hugging him.

"I couldn't find them either and Suna kept texting me to get them food and I did- see? *shows you white bags of food* but he didn't say where to meet up.. and he told me that you weren't with them. So I got worried." He said while patting your head gently.

"It's my fault, I wasn't paying attention to him when he said to go! I hate being by myself! I get scared and I don't know how to function!" You stated while pulling away from your hug with the boy. But you held both his hands. "Osamu I'm so glad ya found me"