Chapter 3

Chapter 3

What is stronger... than a fragile heart?

His knuckles hurt from holding the steering wheel too tight. Rage boiled and made its way through his body all the way to his fingertips.

How could she? How dare she? There would be no place for calm today. Miss New York better have her answers ready. The door slammed shut with force as he marched his way to her room crunching the lab reports in his hand.

"Yeh kya hai, Mr. Khan" she asked timidly when he threw the papers on the bed, disgusted. His eyes were seething. Her hands shook involuntarily.

"Tanveer ki lab reports" He took a deep breath attempting to calm himself. "What did you do with the box, Zoya" He lost his cool "How could you? Why would you? She's my friend!"

"Wh..at?" Zoya mumbled a little confused and more scared.

"It's animal blood, Miss Faaroqui. Animal. Yahan Tanveer ki tabiyat kharaab hai aur aap" he yelled in repulsion turning away.

"But how could it be? I collected the samples myself Mr. Khan"

"Exactly, you collected the samples. The one person who never does anything right collected the samples"

"Mr. Khan" she whispered hurt but Asad didn't rest.

"Actually, it doesn't even matter if it was a mistake or not, I just want to know how come you can never do anything right. Mariam ko bachaane gayi toh khud musibat main a gayi, you almost blew up our house, Ayaan ki sagai par gai toh...why? Just why do you even attempt anything?"

"ASAD" Dilshad's stern voice boomed in the room and Asad started.

He was truly surprised to see his Ammi, Najma and Tanveer hiding in the bathroom. That halted the anger for a bit. A bit of three long seconds.

"Bolne se pehle socha toh karo." Dilshad looked at Zoya apologetic "We were hiding just so we can see you gift Zoya her saugaat but you...

...anyway, clinic vaalo se koi mixup hua hoga. Go back and check with them"

"I did Ammi, there is NO mixup" He looked at Zoya accusingly "Just a sickening prank in action"

"Mr. Khan?" Why couldn't she keep the hurt out of her voice "Aapko lagta hai main kisi ke saath aisa karungi. How could you think this?"

"How could I think this?" His furious voice sent a chill up her spine "I was there holding some animal's blood reports in my hands, that's how. Just...why are you so irresponsible?!"

Tanveer's voice interrupted him then, before he saw the tears brimming in Zoya's eyes. There were talks of trust and relationships. Fake reassurances of how they shouldn't let her come into their relationship. She fanned the flames and his temper, playing on each and every word that came out her mouth next.

"Rishton main daraar a jaaye toh asaani se mit ti nahi hai Jammy"

"Yeh tum samajh ti ho Tanu. Par kuch logo ke liye har cheez mazaak hai. Shayad, unke liye har rishta bhi mazaak hai"

***

Tumult of heart was great, didn't knowing how to support herself she sat down on the floor. Astonishment increasing every second by the review of what had just happened.