Chapter 1

Meeting father-in-law

A gentle knock from my door awaken me from my deep slumber. I groggily get up from my bed and rub my eyes like a lost child. I honestly want to sleep more. I was tired  socializing last night with different level of individuals. Most specially, I was tired smiling with those Barbie dolls who have huge silicone breast with an empty brain. Gosh! And those papparazzi's! Damn. Won't they just peacefully accept that the beast was already married to me?!

William formally introduced me as his wife last night. He held an exclusive and glamorous party at one of his Five-star hotel. He invited a lot of people from business partners to family friends and even some socialites! And to think that he freaking left me on that forsaking party! I shook my head in annoyance for remembering what happened last night. Then, I look at my wall clock and saw it's still six thirty. I decided to open my door and saw a house help.

"Ma'am, master wanted you to get down on ten minutes. He said you'll gonna have your breakfast together." said by the house help.

Ten minutes? Is he freaking serious? And wow! For the first time in forever, we're going to have breakfast together!

"I need one hour or at least forty minutes to get ready." I answered,

"B-but sir firmly said to give you ten minutes to prepare.." she said in pleading tone. Fine! That beast is really a pain in my nails.

"Fine." I answered. I still have conscience. I don't want to be the reason for losing her job if ever. But seriously, ten minutes?! That freak! Brr!

"T-thank you ma'am. I better go first."

I nodded as a response to her. Then, I immediately went to the shower room after closing the door. I take off all the clothes I wore. My senses awaken when the cold water showered right through my face. I badly need this cold one. I took a bath as fast as I could. I immediately wrapped my body from the neat towel and decided to blow dry my hair even for a minute. Then, I open my closet and pick a sunny dress which is above the knee. I paired it with a white strapped sandal. I am planning to go on a beach resort later. I seriously need to unwind!

After seeing myself at the vanity mirror, I open my door, went down the stairs and head straight to the dining area. There I saw William sitting formally on his designated chair but he's not alone! There's an aged man who looks exactly like him. What a carbon copy! What made me surprise is when William approach me.  He then encircled his arms on my waist and claimed my lips unceremoniously. Astonishment was written on my face for sure! That's my freaking first kiss! Because during the night of our wedding or it's much appropriate to say that during the night of signing our marriage contract, he just kissed me on my cheek much to my surprise.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

Oh my! Is this for real? Did he just greet me? I stayed silent and dazed for a moment. I wasn't able to utter a word but then, he guided me on my seat like a real gentleman. What was happening? Tell me I'm not dreaming.

"Base on her reaction, it feels like that's the first time you did it to her my dear son or she's just so shy to do that while someone's watching." commented by the aged man in front of me who's now wearing a smirk. Wait.. son? Holy freak!

"Say what you want father. This is Belle, my wife." Wiliam said, "And sweetheart, this is my righteous father and your father-in-law, Franco Cavanaugh."

Even though I wasn't ready for this situation, I still able to stand and went to his side to properly greet him. Amusement was clearly written on his face while his son is creasing his forehead.

"Hello sir. Pleasure to finally meet you. I didn't know that you're that handsome despite your age!" I said giddily while extending my right hand to him. A tremendous laugh burst out from him. I couldn't stop myself from raising my eyebrow. "I can say that you're also very pleased to meet me too."