•1•

I just got out of all the commotion inside the airport. I took a deep breath. After a long one year I am back home. I straightened my goggles and went to a silent area to call my parents.

Of course it is weird to call your parents to pick you up when you are planning a surprise for them. But I was in no mood to catch a cab and give instructions.

JET LAGS!!

Dialling dad's number I heard the blabbering of the customer care telling the number was currently switched off. I groaned and called my mom , and the response was the same. The only one left to call was my irritating brother , anyway he can't come to pick me up as he was with the cricket team for the home series against England. But I had to call him to enlighten about the sudden switch off drama of my parents.

<Ahmedabad>

The team was having their breakfast with the support staff , as they were in the team too. The newcomers Devdutt padikkal and Abhishek Sharma were getting along the players. Even though they knew eachother it felt different to play in the same team.
Some of them were talking some or the other stuff with each other ,some over grown toddlers were goofing around, some playing with the real toddlers , and the rohirat with their regular banter. And there was MAHIBHAI too who had come over to watch his kiddos play.

That was when soham Desai's ( fitness consultant) phone buzzed with a ring. He glanced into the phone to find the id as "aaru🤡" . He was surprised seeing his sister calling him at that time as it was not their regular talktime. He picked up the call sensing an emergency.

"Hellooooo bhaiiiiiiii" he heard a shout as soon as he picked up.
"What happened aaru, why are you calling at this unusual time?" He asked with a hint of concern and confusion in his tone.
"What is so unusual about the time? it is 9:27 in the morning."
"it is in India, but not in London"
"I am in india as well "
"it is in India, but not in London"
"I am in india as well "

"What?? But how ?? Weren't coming back after 3 months??" He asked jumping up his seat. It was noticed by Virat, Rohit and some others who were near him.

"The exams were preponed and I thought of surprising you all. And Mon and dad. Where did they go switching of their phones?"
"Uhh!! They are not home aaru."
"Don't tell me they went for their 23rd honeymoon"

"No they didn't. They are in Delhi with Dadi, she's not well and they decided to stay there for 3 months and come back when you 'were' supposed to be back"
"Shit!!!!! Then what will I do now??"
"Book a ticket and  move to Delhi dumbo"
" Seriously, 3 months with Dadi, no way."
"then what will you do?"

"Any way I am going to some hotel for the time being let me think of some other solution"
"Ok take care,bye"
He hung up and he was tensed about the fact that his princess (that's what he used to call her, he still does without her presence) is alone in Mumbai. Ofcourse when was alone in a vast place like London for over 3 years, but Mumbai hit different. He didn't want her to stay there alone ,after everything in the past. His tension was noticed by Virat who was good friends with him
"Soh, Kya hua? Not looking good."

Soham just said everything to his best friend from the team and by the end he found the skipper's hand in his shoulder.
" Bring her here . We are pretty good to host another guest here."  
It was agreed by Rohit and mahibhai who was hearing everything.

"Call her Soham" mahibhai instructed  and he did as told. He was asked to keep the phone on speaker by Virat .

"Kyaa Sonu, found some solution?" The voice of a girl echoed the room and the ones who were goofing around were attracted to know what is happening.
Soham was pissed off as his nickname is out publicly now.
"Don't call me that. And where are you now?"

"Just checked into the hotel, currently in the lift."
"Come to Ahmedabad."
"Why?? Aren't you there for official purposes and how can I some there?"
"Virat Bhai has asked me to bring you here after me telling about the situation."
" But how? You are a staff not a player and how can I accompany you?"
"Aaru you...."
Soham was broken off by Virat.

"Hey Aarushi, don't push in any kind of ego. Just think that we are your brothwrs. We have sister stop and we can understand. And the Indian cricket team is not just the players we are staff too. We are the staff who are out to the world and the ones including your brothers are the staff who make our work easier . So just take the next flight to Ahmedabad."

Aarushi- couldn't speak a word. She just heard a elder brother from Virat the only words that came from her mouth was "ok Bhai" she immediately but her tongue embarrassed on calling him Bhai.
"It's okay you can call me Bhai."

The only thing left to do was to book a flight to Ahmedabad , I didn't have to do that even my sweet brother has already sent me that. He's not that sweet as it seems, I swear!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERE IS A GLIMPSE OF AARUSHI DESAI.

enjoy reading further!!