Calypso

Calypso couldn't help but cry. She wished Leo, her latest lover, would come back for her. It's all part of her curse, though. Men would wind up on her island. She falls in love with them to be left alone. She wished she didn't have to be alone all the time it was just annoying.

Calypso liked to keep track of everything going on in the outside world. She couldn't actually leave her island but all the men who wound up on Ogygia left many things. Captain Francis Drake left his telescope and a chest of precious gems. Percy Jackson left behind his clothes (he didn't take them off or anything, that would've been disgusting. He just changed them) and an iPod. Leo... Leo left a campsite he built on the beach because Calypso didn't let him stay in her house.

She liked to use the telescope to look out in far distances to see who landed on her island. The precious gems weren't of much use considering she was nowhere near any place to spend the gems. Calypso weaved the clothes to fit herself. The iPod had many downloaded songs that Calypso liked to listen to when she was bored (who knew there was Wi-Fi on a cursed island?). The goddess visited Leo's campsite almost every day. There were a few pictures the two took of them working on the boat to get Leo off the island. Some leftover pieces from their project were scattered around. The best part was the campsite smelled like Leo; the scent of burnt parchment paper filled the air.

Calypso sat on her bed and wept. It wasn't like her to cry but so many memories of her past loves came flooding back to her.

Why? Why, do I have to suffer this eternal punishment?

She just hoped someday, sometime, somebody would come back for her. Or maybe even tell the Olympians to set her free!

Calypso got up. She's not the type of person who would lie there, crying, feeling helpless.

She started walking along the beach when she bumped into some metal. That gave her an idea.

I'm going to get off this island. On my own.

And her hands set to work.