Prologue

We live in a world controlled by the elements; water, fire, air, earth, and time. Though, what most normal people may not realize is that there are some among us who have the ability to control the elements. They appear to be just like everyone else, but secret abilities lie within each one of them.
Not so long ago, there was an island from which these people came from. It was breathtaking; flowerfields of crystal roses, glowing purple rivers, and the most prominent thing being the Life Tree, better known as the Salem. The Salem was their source of life. It was powered by the overwhelming love from the citizens of Eden.
There were two prominent families on the island; the Mayfairs and the Zemljas. These two families were the most well-known people of Eden. The families were "allies" of a sort for many generations. It was very common to see the two spending their days together.
      Though at some point in time, there was a shift. After the death of the leader, Idalia, her son Haedon took over. Unlike his truehearted mother, he wanted nothing but power. This caused the citizens to flee. As a result, Salem began to die. The only thing keeping it and the rest of the island alive is the few that are still out there, holding on to the vague memory of the beautiful place they once called home.