CHAPTER 3

The palace , as usual,  was a busy and active place . Servants roaming everywhere doing their tasks, 

Soldiers and guards thumped in every hallway, changing shifts or performing their daily formations and trainings .

Even the king's study was boiling with advisors,  each stating their respective opinions and thoughts.

There was no time when you couldn't hear how lively the palace was .

In the midst of all the cheerful and busy environment, there was one room that suffocated in silence, not a sound was heard nor made despite the fullness of the room, the muffled noises coming from the outside was all that made the situation feel real, or else you'd think is was a paused 3D video of nervous people staring at two angry figures.

All breathes were sucked in , and All eyes were focused on the strange turn of events that occurred 20 minutes ago .

Not long after Summer decided to leave the room, due to the tightness of her schedule,  she left the choosing of the last member of the new squad she's forming  to her next break time.
When A familiar,  tall , lean , and proud figure entered , shifting whatever Summer's mood was into annoyance and irritation,  which was also the case for the newly presented person.

No one said a word for as long as 20 minutes could last , but it felt longer for the audience ,
The air was thick with hostility and murderous intent, while two sharp,  angry eyes pierced one another, it was so obvious that both sides were trying Very hard not to jump at the other's throat, clenching both their hands and jaws, the intimidation in the air didn't miss even the toughest looking amongst all the creatures present in the room,  making them gulp in worry, and shiver under it.

Despite that, there was some bored looking faces, as if they saw this situation coming.

"Care to explain? " said the taller one , finally,  cutting the thick atmosphere , as if those heated stares didn't happen just little seconds ago.

His face crunched in despise , dragging his eyes to one of the bored faces,

" well, you see. ser-"

" his majesty the king allowed an expedition for a special mission, you shouldn't bother yourself with the details ." Spat Summer , with a chewed up textbook politeness, 

Holding a hand up , signaling for the new recruits to leave the room ,
" and I'm only here to execute a part of his plan , now. You won't get in the way of his majesty's word . Won't you? ."the mocking tone in the sergeant's voice had the jaw of  the new face of authority in this room, clenche harder .

Satisfied with the look on her 'opponent's? ' face she added,  " I'll comeback here again, 2 days before the mission , to collect someone else from this department, and  i really,  hope you wouldn't mind. Sir ,Aqualla, Lenien, Anun ,".

I was obvious who was higher,  rank wise, the mention of his full name made the tall man "cower", bowing his head,  all his rage clearly overpowered by fear of some kind.

" there won't be any , sergeant Summer Belial Del Anun" sang Lenien , a smile stretching awkwardly under his mask.

As summer was having her second attempt to leave the room,

"But", Lenien spoke again,  a little of pride creeping from his tone, making Her almost breaking her sword from gripping it too hard .

" giving without receiving.  Isn't that a bit unfair? "

"What are you tying to say ?"

His eyes curled in amusement

" before a give you one of my subordinates,  I'd like a spar. Lenien against Summer , no titles nor ranks, "

The request took the small sergeant by surprise,  she couldn't make any sence of it, turning her head to find some clues on his face, but all she could she is a poker face smile, a bit too professional for a situation like this.

Looking around,  she noticed that the faces that were drooping in fear not long ago,  now has a look of anticipation, and  each pair of eyes traveled between the two creatures on both ends of the room
.

The absurdity of the favor he's asking was an extra think that couldn't fit in her already messy mind, in addition,  all she wanted to do now was to go  back to her tastks , since time wasn't being too friendly with her nerves.

" uhm, yeah. Y-yeah sure, i don't know why you're asking for such a thing, but it's won't be such a hard thing to do." She said before hurriedly leaving the room.

' she answered too fast ' was what on everyone's mind.

" sir , i think it's too soon to make a move , we don't even know when's the mission," whispered one of the previously bored creatures to Lenien.

"No, it was an opportunity,  i wouldn't have had such chance next time. At least she agreed to the spar now. And when she agrees to something,  it's bound to happen no matter what ."

Lenien had a big smile , even though the mask covered it, but it was clear that he was proud of himself.

" now get back to work everyone! We have approximately less than a week left, we should be as busy as ever,  and no one takes breaks untill the work is done "

Which applied to him too , since he joined his desk, surrounded with towers of papers .

* summer's pov :*

' oh shit oh shit oh shit !!! I'm too late! I should have left the moment he entered,  that bastard demon , i swear to Archa, I'm breaking his legs on that spar , '

_________________________________________

I ghosted my own story for almost a year lol
          - kath