Chapter 3

Elizabeth Cooper was a busy woman. Taking a family business and making it into her own, was not just a big step for her, but for all other women who thought that being successful at such a young age is impossible. She loved horses, liked them much better than people, and so while she engrossed herself in the pure thrill of racing, she suddenly remembered her father. He surely did get home by now and she made a mental note to call him later. Betty smiled at the thought of her parents being together again and she couldn't wait to go back to Riverdale to see her mother again, as she didn't see her for months. Just 2 more months, she thought.

She came home late that night, although she said that she is not going to drink a lot, she had a few more shots than expected, all thanks to Fabio. A good looking one, she thought as she sat on her couch, trying to get rid off her shoes. Her phone rang, again. Someone is really trying to get a hold of her tonight. Was it her mother or it was some unknown caller? She couldn't remember, but it wasn't really important, since she couldn't even speak, let alone have a full conversation with her mother, or some stranger.

She lay down, resting her mind after almost 14 hours with being on her feet, mostly working. Betty closed her eyes, ready to fall in a much needed sleep, when the phone started ringing again. She opened her eyes, now fustrated and ready to yell at the person who is being calling her all night, or more precisely who is being bothering her all night. She picked up the phone, expecting her mother as the caller, but when she saw the unknown ID showing on screen instead Betty was more furious. And she as sure as hell didn't have time for stupid pranks, that this stranger was trying to do all night.

"Hello?"

"Is this Elizabeth Cooper", the person said, clearly voice of the young man.

"Who wants to know? The rude person who just can't take a hint and stop calling me? Or a man who clearly needs attention. Which one?"

"Uh, none actually." The man said, and Betty imagined him sitting in some dark van waiting for her to pick up his call and maybe kill her after that, but even for her that sounded a little bit too much. She really need to stop watching k-dramas and stop drinking. Another mental note to herself. As she said that, she remembered to call her dad, which she decided to do right after this stupid call.

"I'm actually from a Riverdale Police Department", he said softly, too much soft and she surely didn't expect from him to say that.

"Riverdale Police Department? Why are you calling me?"

As Betty said that, the stupid, yet scary thoughts started coming to her mind. Did they found some body and think she is a murderer? Did something happen to her mom? To her dad?

"I'm sorry to inform you Ms. Cooper, but your father has been murdered, by still anonymous person, and before he was murdered, he was in Italy with you. You were the last person to see him alive, of course except Veronica Lodge. And you should..."

He kept talking, but Betty didn't listen anymore, she couldn't. Betty doesn't shout, or panic, for that matter, because this has to be a misunderstanding. This has to be some fucking misunderstanding. He is not dead. He is not... These thoughts are raicing through her mind at a a mile minute. Calm down! She orders herself.

Her heart , which jumps to her throat; she is choking on it. She can't breath, when she hear the man repeating himself, as that would help. And she hear him saying that name again.

Veronica Lodge.

Who the hell is Veronica Lodge and what she has to do with any of this?