Chapter 1

Jughead Jones was never claiming himself as a lucky guy, at this point he didn't even believe that any kind of luck exist. Growing up in the Southside really affected people's opinion about him, and becoming the new police officer at such a young age really didn't change anything. What he really wanted in life is to have someone who would believe in him in the times when he wouldn't even believe in himself. Through his childhood he was always surounded by drunk gang members that his father would bring home. Mother was never in the picture and there is times where Jughead would wish that she took him with her, even though he never met her.

And what he can actually know about luck? He never actually had someone who cares about him. And when he finally did, he lost her. He lost the best part of him. Veronica Lodge was his light, and now that she is gone, he is lost in the darkness again.

Jughead rested his head against the car door, breathing through his nose and out through his mouth for long beats and reflected on what had changed in the last two hours.

"She is dead, she is dead, she is dead, she is dead, she is dead." The words kept repeating in his head, and he felt his stomach drop at the thought of Veronica being dead. Taking a deep breaths, he tried to calm himself down, he tried to put his feelings aside, tried to think clear for a second. What he would do if the woman wasn't the woman he loved? As a police officer, he would order someone to call the ambulance, he would try to see from which spot the murderer killed her, he would try to figure out why the woman was in the car with a man twice her age at 3 am in the morning.

Jughead's hands clenched and his jaw creaked under the pressure as he gritter his teeth. The thoughts of Veronica cheating on him filled his mind and he couldn't stop them.

"Jughead, I brought you water.", his best friend was now kneeling besides him, offering him water that Jughead couldn't even look at. He felt guilty. Guilty for thinking even for a second that Veronica cheated on him. She loved him. She loved him and she wouldn't do that to him. He was sure.

"Jug, please.", Archie's voice was soft, he hated to see Jughead like this and what he is going to tell him is surely not gonna help him. But they were at the crime scene and he was a police officer, he was hoping that maybe hearing this from him will at least calmed him down, even for a second.

Archie placed the water next to his leg, his hand settled on his pant pocket, trying to take the small paper that it was in it. He put the paper on Jughead's lap and slowly stood up.

"We found out who the man is."

Jughead's head immeadiately snapped and his hands found their way to the small paper on his lap before he could even register what he was doing.

"We also have the photo of him and his family.",  Archie said handing him the photo.

Jughead took the photo and read the name that was written on the left corner of the photo.

"Hal Cooper."