my home

a/n: prompt was from @/rvstown "Idols/ but they have secret child/ not married/ just fbody/ co-parenting/ seulgi got pregnant again so they have to reveal everything". i took this idea and ran with it. :))))) also, the photo is baby yeji from tattoo fam, but she's named haru here thanks to the twitter poll. also... there's smut and dirty talk.

jaebeom is officially done with his mandatory military service, and he's actually pretty happy that it is finally over. it was a long two years, but at least it went by quickly. he's sure his fans are ready for him to return to music, and honestly, same. he missed his studio, but just because he was doing his service, doesn't mean he wasn't constantly working to further his career. he had his notebook with him, and would jot down song lyrics and inspiration that came to him... and on his vacation days, he'd be in his studio, working away. but... the one thing he's most excited about... is to spend more time with his daughter.

prior to enlisting... he'll admit that he's been a bad boy. he enlisted at age thirty, but has been an idol since his late teens. he gave up a normal childhood, and his college years to focus on his career and didn't date much as a result. as he got older, and his career was less controlled by a company and more on his own accord, he started to date as well. he went out with a few non-idols, before ultimately settling for a secret idol girlfriend. not just any idol though... an idol that many adore... red velvet's very own seulgi.

they get along well, have great chemistry, but dating as idols is hard. there's always the fear of getting caught, the fans shipping you with others, the unrealistic expectations to be perfect all the time. dating didn't work out, but they also didn't try very hard... becoming friends with benefits was more... well beneficial. it was the companionship they craved, while also satisfying the hormonal urges they had as young adults. plus, it was easier to have a designated fuck buddy than to risk finding new sexual partners who could possibly have the wrong intentions.

the pregnancy was unexpected... yet came at the best time. a pandemic was among them, and jaebeom spent the first week sheltering in place at seulgi's new apartment. she had just moved out of the dorm, and needed help settling in... and it was also an opportunity to have hot, wild sex without the risk of being caught by band mates or roommates (jaebeom lives alone now, but he did once share a space with his high school best friends after leaving the band's dorm). however, the sex was a little too wild because the condom broke and weeks later, they discovered that seulgi was expecting. the pandemic made it slightly easy to hide from the public, most people were staying home anyway, and the few schedules she did have were early on in the pregnancy before she started to show.

their beautiful baby girl was born in late january, a midway point between his birthday and seulgi's, and they named her haru. though seulgi's mother moved in with her to help out, jaebeom did his best to co-parent, spending the night at seulgi's place too to pull his weight and raise his daughter withe her. their arrangement worked... careful co-parents who occasionally bang after a nice meal together. he tried dating around, but only dinner dates or coffee. he stopped just as fast as he began, deciding dating wasn't worth it to him. he just wanted to focus on his career and their daughter.

when haru turned one, he had to enlist for his mandatory service, and it was so hard to hide a toddler. other idols were writing letters to their fans, explaining that they were getting married or starting families, and he wasn't ready to divulge his secret... mainly for seulgi's sake. her image was pretty damn clean, and they wanted to keep it that way. but now that his daughter is pushing three, the pandemic is under more control, haru will start attending a daycare center and his career will pick back up, it's going to be a lot harder to keep her a secret, especially when he and seulgi want to be involved parents.