Chapter 4

Elam came back about 10 minutes later, with a cup of tea and handed it to Narsus, who checked to see if it was drinkable.

"Thank you, Elam" Narsus said.

Then he kneeled next to the young prince, Arslan was groaning in pain and casting his head to the side, being restless, they weren't sure if he even knew he did it, he was in so much pain that it was entirely possible he was totally out of it.

"Your highness" Narsus said, Arslan opened his eyes and saw Narsus hovering over him.

"N-Narsus" Arslan said "argh argh" he moaned and closed his eyes, when the pain came back with a vengeance.

"Here your highness, drink this it will help" Narsus said and lifted Arslan head a bit and helped him to the tea.

Arslan coughed at the horrible taste and furrowed he brows, Narsus was sure that had the prince been able, he would have given him the death stare maybe even punished him for making him drink this, a smile came in the corner of his mouth at the thought.

"I know your highness, it is bad, I am sorry, but it will help, please" Narsus said and reluctantly Arslan drank the rest.

Narsus laid him back down on the pillow, Arslan looked up at all of them smiled weakly, Narsus could see his eyes were already feverish, he worriedly placed a hand on the young prince's forehead.

"mmm" Arslan moaned "what are you... doing?" he asked weakly.

"I am just checking your highness" Narsus said and smiled.

Arslan smiled back and closed his eyes, shortly after they heard him breathe deeper and they saw his chest moving slower and steadier and they knew he was sleeping, Narsus looked at the others with a worried look in his eyes.

"He already has a fever, and it is racing out of there, Elam fetch me a cloth and a bowl of cold water" Narsus said.

"Yes, my Lord" Elam said and rushed of. 

"Well, there is no more for all of you too do, why don't you all get some sleep" Narsus suggested.

"I am not leaving him, if this is the princes last night, I want to be here" Daryun said sternly and the others agreed.

Elam came back and handed the bowl to Narsus.

Narsus wrung the cloth and placed it on Arslan's forehead, Arslan moved a little but didn't wake up.

"Elam please go send a messenger to Androgoras, tell him that we are coming to his aid, but that prince Arslan has been badly injured, and we will take a few more days" Narsus requested.

"At once my Lord" Elam said and when he came back, they all just sat there listening to the princes breathing.

At some point during the night, Narsus went outside to get some fresh air, what he saw saddened him greatly, he stuck his head back inside the tent.

"Daryun come see" he said.

Daryun got up and went outside, the entire army was outside, not saying anything thing and looking at the tent, no one was sleeping, and no one was talking, even the guards were sneaking glances over to the royal tent.

"What the?" Daryun asked.

"Heartbreaking, isn't it?" Narsus asked

"Indeed" Daryun said and clenched his teeth and went back inside with Narsus.

The others looked and saw the twos sadden looks.

"What is the matter, why do you look even more sad than before?" Etoile asked.

"Oh, nothing just something we saw" Narsus said.

"What was it?" Elam asked.

"They army, has started the Guardian Lights ceremony" Narsus said they all gasped.

"Really?" Farangis asked and Narsus and Daryun nodded.

"Well, they certainly have a lot of faith in their prince" Gieve scoffed.

"Is that so, I seem to recall you were questioning if he would survive only hours ago" Alfreed said.

"Well, I haven't put him in the grave yet" Gieve retorted.

"What is the Guardian Ligths ceremony?" Etoile asked, as her and Jaswant were from other countries, they had never heard of this ceremony, so they both looked thoroughly confused.

"It is a parsian tradition, the people gather and hold the fires going, to light the way, when or if a monarch is dying" Narsus said.

"They are saying goodbye in that way, even though he isn't king yet?" Jaswant asked

Narsus gestured for them all to come as to not disturb the Prince rest, they all got up and walked out to the front part of tent and lit a lamp.

"Yes, as you heard, the doctors they don't think he will make it through the night and no he is not king yet, but all the people that follow him would rather see him on the throne than his father or prince Hilmes" Narsus said.

They all looked at Arslan, who was breathing heavily and seemed like he was in pain, but he was sleeping, Elam closed of the inner doors of the tent.

"Oh, I am sorry" Etoile whispered.

"Why don't you join us" Narsus said.

"Really" Etoile asked.

"Yes, we are watching over him together and praying to our gods Jaswant will also pray to his gods" Narsus said and looked at Jaswant who nodded he turned back to Etoile.

"It can't hurt to have an extra god looking down on him" Narsus said.

"Alright" Etoile said and sat down, and they all sat there praying.

A/N woah heavy stuff well i promise you will get your answer next time

Read you in the next chapter, Love Author <3