Chapter 19

Two years later, when both Arslan and Estelle were in their nineteenth year, Arslan was invited to king Innocentius 50th birthday, and he intended to show, so he came the day before.

They were let into the Lusitanian palace.

"Ah king Arslan, good to see you" Innocentius said.

"You to, king Innocentius and happy birthday tomorrow" Arslan said.

"Thank you, my friend" Innocentius said.

"Let me show you to your rooms" Innocentius said, and guided them to their rooms, in the hall on their way Innocentius noticed Arslan sneaking glances around the corridors.

"I am sorry to disappoint you Arslan, but Lady Estelle is at home on her lands with her family, her father's health has taken a turn for the worse" Innocentius said.

Arslan looked at king Innocentius.

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that" Arslan said.

"Yeah, I think she went home out of love though" Innocentius said.

"What do you mean?" Arslan asked.

"Well, she doesn't have to be there, as she is not the heir anymore, even though she became a knight to honor them which they were very proud of, they have adopted a young pair of twins a few years ago, one a warrior and one a scholar, they are going to take over the lands" Innocentius said.

"What, but I thought that she wanted to be a knight so she could do that" Arslan said confused.

"I don't know, she has told them herself that she would rather not inherit the land, and it is okay for the twins to take over" Innocentius said.

"I wonder why" Arslan said pondering.

"I think you know, I certainly do" Innocentius said with a sly smirk.

Arslan looked guilty.

"Yeah, I do know, actually I want to ask your permission first" Arslan said.

"So, you are finally going to ask her to become your queen?" Innocentius asked.

"I was planning on doing it while I was here, I am sorry for taking away your royal guard captain" Arslan said.

"Haha, not at all I am happy for you, it is about time, her page which she has groomed for her position for about year and a half is already doing a great job, he will be a fine replacement" Innocentius said.

"Thank you" Arslan said.

The next day they celebrated king Innocentius, and the day was fun he loved Arslan's gift, a golden letter opener with the number 50 engraved in the blade, it was now the day after celebration, Arslan and his company along with Innocentius, were on their way to Estelle's parent's estate.

When they arrived, the young twins came out.

"King Innocentius, what brings your majesty here?" they asked.

"I am merely an observer" Innocentius said.

Then Estelle came out of the door.

"Arslan?" she asked a bit confused.

"Hello Estelle, wonderful to see you" Arslan said and got of his horse.

Then Estelle ran to him.

"Oh, I am so happy to see you, I worried you wouldn't have time on your visit here" Estelle said as she flung her arms around him.

"I always have time for you" Arslan said, hugging her tight.

"So, he is your boy who is a friend or is he your boooooyfriend" the twins asked.