[14.5] Brother's Mistake.

Kun wasn't the only person who couldn't get a wink of sleep. After answering Kun's call, Yibo was tossing and turning around in his bed.

I mean, Xin is already an adult. If she decided to have intimacy with Kun that's normal.

But she's my baby sister! What if it hurts. What if he hurts her.

All that thinking made Yibo let out a loud groan as he ruffled his hair messily. It was a night of tossing and turning and Yibo finally sat up on his bed when the sunrays peeked in through his curtain.

He shuffled absentmindedly towards the kitchen and prepared his breakfast. He didn't even notice his burnt toast and spread the peanut butter on top of it, glancing at the clock every few minutes wondering when YuXin would come back.

The moment he heard the door click, he rushed towards the front door, "Xin, you're back."

YuXin nodded and flashed a smile at her brother. "What are you doing up so early?"

Noticing the redness around her eyes, Yibo's mind tuned to the worst possible scenario. Did it hurt so much that she cried?

Yibo's hands clasped onto YuXin's shoulder, his eyes full of concern as he asked softly, "Did it hurt?"

"Ah.." YuXin looked away sheepishly and scratched her nape. "It's a little sore, but it's okay."

Sore? I guess it's normal to be sore.. "Ahh.. It should get better after a few days."

YuXin, "Few days? I think I'll be fine after today. I'm used to it."

Wait, used to it? Does that mean it wasn't her first time yesterday? Yibo felt his rage raising and he was so close to murdering Kun. When did they do it, and just how many times did they do it exactly?

YuXin, "I'm going to my room first."

Yibo nodded as he stomped back into his room, dialing Kun's number angrily.

"Cai Xukun! What did you do to YuXin!"

"..I'm sorry for making her cry."

"Sorry? Did you think I want to hear your apology, I want you to take responsibility for what you've done!"

"... How?"

"Cai Xukun, I didn't expect you to be this kind of person. If you are a man then you should know what to do." Yibo slammed his phone down after hurling his words angrily.

He huffed in rage, angry and disappointed at himself for trusting Kun to be a upright person. Who knew he'd actually been playing around with YuXin for so long and had the cheek to ask how he could take responsibility. Just what kind of man is he.

"Brother, do you know where the ice pack is?" YuXin knocked on the door and asked Yibo from the other side of the door.

Yibo collected his emotions and walked towards the fridge, taking out the ice pack as he slowly seethe in anger.

YuXin, "Thanks. Ice pack is still the best remedy for sore eyes."

Wait a minute, did she just say sore eyes? "Xin what did you say again?" Yibo asked, thinking he'd heard her wrongly.

"Sore eyes." She placed the ice pack on her eyes. "My eyes are so pain after crying."

Yibo suddenly realised he may have taken things out of context. He looked at YuXin furtively, "Xin, what happened last night?"

...

Can I depart from this Earth right now?

Yibo cringed his face in regret, face palming himself after hearing YuXin's recount. He cursed himself silently for being so quick to jump into conclusion and shouting at Kun so rudely over the phone.

Great, now he probably thinks I'm a crazed person getting all worked up about everything regarding Xin. He had to apologise and apologise fast for his rude behaviour and taking it out on Kun.

He ran up to his room and dialed Kun's number, ready to make this right.

"Hey Kun, about the call just now-"

"I know, I will take responsibility for YuXin."

"No no, you don't have to.."

"No, you are right. I am responsible."

"No wait.. For goodness sake Kun, I'm sorry. I thought you and YuXin had sex alright, so I wanted you to be responsible. But I was wrong and I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier."

"... Oh."

"Yeah, so you don't have to take any responsibility. I mean, not in that way. Anyway, just go ahead for your internship. I'll take care of YuXin." Yibo hung up hurriedly after saying his piece. His face was red as a ripe tomato, deeply embarrassed by his mistake.

[a/n]

A short intermission in the story just for kicks. Thank you for reading as always! Sorry for the irregular updates.