Chapter one

I walk home from school just like every other day. I do my daily schedule, shower, change, homework, then make dinner. When everyone gets in, mom, dad, and Maggie my little sister. Maggie was watching the news at moment with mom and dad. I was finishing up the spaghetti when I hear my mom gasp. I walk over and look at the reporter. "The president just confirmed it. World War Three has begun" she says "every boy over the age of 18 has to enroll for the draft".
I feel like I'm going to puke, I just turned 19... I leave to my room and get on my computer, searching up if it's true. I find the article, I can't believe it. World War Three is starting, and I may be a part of it. I get on Skype and call my friends; Clara, Kelly, Justin, Taylor, and Violet slowly pop up on the screen.

"Hey guys did you hear the news?" I say to them. "No what happened?"asks Clara. "Well world war three is starting and the draft has begun..." I tell her. There is stunned silence. Taylor asks "who is the draft for? Men and woman?"she asks. "Men for now..." Justin answers "They wouldn't get the women until we need them". "Yeah" I say solemnly. "Well I think that's sexist" Kelly says making us all chuckle. "Me and Justin are the ones who may be getting in..." I say. "Mason don't think like that" Taylor tells me. "Sorry I just don't know what to think, I don't want to die that's for sure." I tell her. "Guys if any of us get drafted, we can never replace that person, right?" Taylor asks us all. "Of course" we all say. "You guys are family" I tell them. "Exactly" Justin says. I smile at them."okay guys you need to make a promise with me" Violet says. "Yeah" I say. "If anyone leaves we have to keep doing this" she says. "Of course Violet" I tell her " I would die from not talking to you guys before being shot". "Let's hope you don't get to go though" Taylor says. "Yeah" I chuckle. Taylor and Clara yawn "okay guys I'm going to go to sleep" Clara says. "Me too" says Taylor and they both log off. "I'm going to go too guys. See you tomorrow"

I then log off and lay on my bed my black hair getting in my eyes, I get to start thinking of what would happen if I got enrolled. It terrified me. After about an hour of that I fall asleep thinking of what could happen, if I get enlisted.