Chapter two

I wake up around 7:30 am and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror, my hazel eyes looking back at me. I'm not short but I'm not tall tall. My black hair hangs down to the side and on my forehead. I sigh and get to brushing my teeth. After about a minute then go back to my bedroom, I never have to comb. I get out my white shirt and jeans and put them on. I am putting on my shoes when Maggie knocks on the door.

"Come in" I yell to her. She walks in " I hope you don't get in, you still owe me that fishing trip". I sigh at the thought "I will give you one if I don't get in" I say as I force a smile. "Okay and mom wants you down stairs now" she says as she walks away. I could she a small tear on her cheek as she left. She is acting tough, I don't like that. I finish tying my shoes and walk down stairs to the kitchen to my mom.

I see my mom crying as she cooks eggs. "The draft has started, you need to go"she says trying hard to get herself together. I walk up to her and give her a hug. "I'll be okay mom" I tell her. "Okay now get a move on" she says as she pushes me out of the kitchen. I chuckle and walk out. "Be sure you go I school after" I hear her yell behind me. I grab my bag and walk out the door to the draft.

I get in my moms car since her job has been canceled for the day. I drive to the town hall to enroll in the draft. I play music while riding in the car, I pass by other people passing by, dads and sons riding in cars going to the town hall to enroll. My dad wasn't enrolling because he broke his left leg in 9/11. I sigh and pull into the parking lot, the town hall of paradise, Ohio wasn't that big. It was 3 stories tall and had 7 rooms on each level on both sides. I step inside and get in line for the draft. I see kids from my high school there with their fathers.

I see Justin leaving right after I get inline. I don't say anything because he seems to be in a bad mood. I start thinking of my friends and before I knew it I was at the front of the line signing the papers. They take my blood pressure and everything like a doctors appointment. "When are they going to call the draft?" I ask the lady taking my blood pressure. "At 5:30 this after noon" she says as she finishes testing my blood pressure "you can go now".

I get up and walk to my car and get in. I put my head in my hands and stay like that for a minute then start the car and head for school, for the most anxiety in my life.