Awake The Timekeeper

Piper's Pov

"How was school today Piper?" When my Mom walked into the living room, I could see she was putting her hair up to head off to work. Though after she made it to the front door, I turned back to stare at my One Piece anime collection. "It was fine but Mom I failed that test and I'm not sure what went wrong. My tutor said I should have aced it though there were some questions that he never went over. Do you think I'll still be able to pass the course?" I felt disappointed with myself about failing the test but at this point, I was really starting to question if the teacher even liked me.

He was always harder on me than any of the other students though I couldn't figure what the reasoning behind it was. "I'm sure you'll do fine Piper... Now I'll be home late tonight so please be in bed by midnight and if you get hungry order some takeout. I left two fifties on the kitchen counter but should you need more just use my credit card" My Mom knew I ate a lot though thankfully she was a nurse so money wasn't something we lacked.

"Thanks, Mom... Are you still taking next week off? It's March Break and you promised we'd spend the week together" When my eyes shifted to the door, I watched her start to frown before she replied. "I'm sorry Piper I couldn't get the week off but you know how short-staffed the hospital has been lately. We can do something this weekend if you'd like"

"Yeah, whatever... I'm going to watch One Piece for the rest of the day. Did you get a new box of tissues?" Since the Marineford Arc always made me cry like a baby I often needed to use a whole box of tissues to get through it. "There in the closet and Piper please don't sit in the dark for too long you'll damage your sight that way. Well, I'm off to work take care of the house while I'm away~"

"Bye"

~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person Pov

"So, she's the one who will rewrite the world? I thought she'd be taller... What's her name again?" As three figures stood around a portal they watched as the young girl walked around her kitchen though a few of them weren't convinced that she was the chosen one. "Her name is Piper and while she is small that girl has more potential than all of us combined. We just need to awaken her power that lays dormant with her soul. Let the ritual begin" 

~~~~~~~~~

Piper's Pov

As my eyes locked on my arch-nemesis I reached for a tissue though quietly muttered a threat under my breath. "Lava Mutt I hate your fucking guts. Someone really needs to put you in your place" Sure, other characters in this anime had done worst things than this man but there was just a special spot in hell for Saka-bitch. "Nothing is going to change what happens to my previous baby Ace. I wish there was something I could do for you... I'm sorry that you have to die"

"The Fire-Fist doesn't have to perish on this day dear Piper. Do you wish to save him?" My head spun around expecting to see some weird stranger within the room but when I was greeted by an empty room I stood up from the couch. "Who's there?" Since there was a fireplace in the living room, I grabbed a fire poker before I started to walk towards the kitchen.

"My name matters not. If you wish to save that reckless male you must act quickly" As I continued walking through the house, I couldn't find a single trace that anyone other than myself was here. All the doors were still locked and there wasn't anything broken. "Where are you hiding mystery person?"

"Outside. You may join us if you wish to save the Fire Fist though please hurry Pepper Piper the war is coming to an end. Not much time remains" Something didn't seem right about listening to this voice but there was no harm in at least checking out the yard for these intruders. Since I was nearest to the front, I peeked out the window though there was no one out there so I started towards the back.