Prologue

"CAPTAIN'S LOG, STARDATE 59553.1. It has been three days since Commander Anderson and I last were in contact with the Salaminia. We have about four days of rations and breathable air left in our shuttle and managed to repair the engines. However, our energy supply was deprived during the shift. We have been sitting in the same position for eighteen hours with no way to start the engines. It is highly doubtful that we will be found by any ship before our supplies run out – and if someone does find us, it is even more doubtful that they will be willing to help us.

"Besides that, Anderson's condition is steadily deteriorating. He keeps assuring me that he is fine and able to perform his duties, but I know his injury is weighing on him. He needs surgery and he needs it soon if he wants to survive."

Admiral Fujita Diru got up from her chair and walked around the little ship she and her first officer Anderson had managed to steal from outpost on Aletheia, a planet in the Aekjaeo system where Fujita and her First Officer had been stranded. She sat down on one of the chairs behind the shuttle's controls and sighed as she thought of how she and her First Officer had ended up there.

"I suppose I haven't really updated these logs regularly since this all started; I was pretty occupied with saving me and Anderson, I assume that's forgiven. However, in case we don't survive, you ought to know what brought us here, stranded in the Mirror Universe without any way of getting back home."