𝟬𝟲 bite back

CHAPTER SIX—— bite back

CHAPTER SIX
—— bite back

( Gryffindor Tower )

   VERITY IS NOT sure of many things — she's sure however that she's gone absolutely insane

   VERITY IS NOT sure of many things — she's sure however that she's gone absolutely insane. Honestly, she did not used to think it before, not with everything that was happening around her — Harry Potter defeating an evil Defence professor, Harry Potter going down the chamber of secrets, Harry Potter being involved in the escaping of Sirius Black, Harry Potter accidentally being entered in the Triwizard Tournament, and eventually Harry Potter being expelled from school and temporarily living in the house of an alleged mass murderer. Now that Harry had stopped actually getting into insane amounts of trouble (Verity feels the need to identify the word insane, because he still got in mildly copious amounts over the past couple of weeks) there was the option of Verity to sit back more often than not and think about how she had relatively driven herself to insanity with the voices inside her head. Specifically, Verity spent a large portion of her time in Defence Against the Dark Arts, tuning out Umbridge's high pitched voice and choosing to think about how her life had gone in such a downward spiral that she ended up in this position — contemplating if her mental state was sane enough.

Her father would say that she was not insane at all — however, he was also the same person that had spent most of Verity's childhood explaining to her on a regular basis that she was under no circumstances to let anyone know of her all the things that could class her as insane. Verity had once let it slip during a first grade class show and tell where she bought in her brother's cat, Neptune. Neptune was a big fur ball that was a deep grey, with sharp claws that basically scratched everybody but Reagan — this was mostly due to the fact that Reagan was the only person the large cat got along with. He had a particular affinity for scratching Verity constantly, so much so that she had spent a good portion of her childhood avoiding the cat — she had been lucky enough that Reagan took it with him to Hogwarts every year, so she spent only summers avoiding it. Eventually, once Reagan had moved out Verity had no longer needed to plan the avoidance of Neptune, but, as bad luck would have it, after Reagan passed away Neptune had moved right back in with her and her father. The cat seemed to be fairly secluded nowadays — Reagan's passing seemed to have taken affect on him even as a pet, and he spent large portions of his time curled up under Verity's bed now, despite the insistance that he leave and the constant locking of her door so he could not get in, he always found a way.