Chapter one

...

Suspect: Larry Bird

Age: 42

Marital Status: Divorced

Children: None

Employment: High school science teacher

Residence: Lives alone

Larry Bird, a seemingly unremarkable high school science teacher, was unexpectedly thrust into the Titan's radar when he was apprehended at an underground club notorious for harboring criminals. Despite Larry's occupation, his mysterious presence in the underground den intrigued Richard. Recognizing that Larry had little to lose and much to gain by entering the criminal underworld, Richard decided to take decisive action. He assigned his team to an undercover mission with Larry at its core.

In a meticulously planned operation, Richard strategically divided the team, entrusting himself and Kori with the most perilous task—overseeing the dubious club from within. The undercover duo faced the challenge of navigating through the dimly lit venue, surrounded by a multitude of criminals and convicts. The stakes were exceptionally high, knowing that any inadvertent slip in their cover could lead to catastrophic consequences.

Amidst the pulsating beats of the nightclub, Richard and Kori maintained constant vigilance, their senses heightened as they observed potential threats lurking in the shadows. The club, a potential breeding ground for danger, required the Titans to tread carefully as they delved deeper into the criminal underworld.

While Richard and Kori confronted the dangers within the club, Victor took on the role of overwatch from the Tower. Positioned strategically, he utilized a network of surveillance cameras to gain a comprehensive bird's eye view. Victor not only monitored activities within the club but also kept a watchful eye on the broader city landscape, ensuring that the team had a comprehensive understanding of the situation.

Meanwhile, the remaining two Titans were tasked with the seemingly mundane duty of closely observing the monotonous routine of Larry Bird. To Raven, this assignment felt unnecessary and, in her eyes, a sheer waste of their valuable time. As trained heroes, she believed they were meant for more significant tasks, not mere babysitting.

Raven let out a tired sigh as she observed Larry Bird going about his daily routine, including his morning ritual of entering the bakery across the street before heading to work. Seated at a round table outside a small café, she crossed her legs and briefly averted her gaze, contemplating the seemingly trivial nature of their mission.

Undercover assignments were never Raven's favorite, and being partnered with the changeling only added to her discontent. It seemed, to Raven, that she was always paired with him during undercover operations, creating a sense of frustration. While she acknowledged the importance of their mission and the potential significance of Larry Bird, the memories of past collaborations with the changeling had left an indelible mark, making this seemingly mundane surveillance more irksome than it should have been.

As Raven brooded over her thoughts, Garfield sat down opposite her with a buttery croissant on a plate. "Are you sure you don't want anything? This place is famous for its pasties." He asked, a boyish grin adorning his positive face.

Raven, however, was quick to bring them back to reality. "We're undercover." She whispered under her breath, scowling at him.

Undeterred by her stern demeanor, Garfield responded with a nonchalant attitude. "We still have to eat." He told her, punctuating the statement by taking a hearty bite of his croissant. Despite the seriousness of their mission, Garfield's usual carefree approach added a touch of levity to the situation, creating a subtle tension between the two Titans.