part i. the new kid

"please don't let our love turn out into a tragedy like it was for juliet."

————————————————

the date was the 11th day of january. we third years were close to graduating from our last year at u.a high. unfortunately, after high school i'm going to have to take over my parents' company. that's something that i'm not looking forward to. for now though, i'm going to take in the fun times i have left in high school with my best friend, kyoka jirou.

jirou would often talk to her girlfriend, momo yaoyorozu, in the morning, so during then i'm left alone with my thoughts. i don't mind it though. it's nice to have some peace and quiet every now and then. the bell had rung and everyone in the class scattered to their seats before our teacher, mr aizawa, could scold us.

"alright class, take your seats. we have a new student joining us today. please come on in and introduce yourself." mr aizawa spoke as he walked to the front of the class.

all of a sudden, a tall boy with striking black hair and dark, mysterious eyes walked into the classroom. 'wow.. he's so pretty...' my heart skipped a beat.

"yo! my name is hanta sero. nice to meet you all." the black haired boy greeted with a warm smile. 'what a nice name.'

"alright, sero. you can sit next to kirishima. kirishima, raise your hand." mr aizawa instructed. 'oh my god, wait, that's really close to me.' as sero walked to the empty seat, my eyes couldn't help but follow him. it wasn't long before mr aizawa started his lecture. i was already waiting for our break to start.

----------------------------------------

once our break finally started, i stood up and made my way to momo's desk, knowing that jirou was gonna go there too. i always go there so the three of us can talk together during the long awaited ten minutes.

as jirou and momo talked, i noticed the new kid, sero, was sitting at his desk and looking at a couple papers with headphones placed around his neck. kirishima had started a conversation with him as sero's eyes were placed upon the papers he held. his mouth was moving, so it didn't seem like he was ignoring kirishima. i leaned a bit forward to try and get a peak at the papers.

i'm a bit nosy, yes. i was interested in the new kid and those papers he held seemed to be something that peaked his interest. what i saw as i peaked over were a bunch of music notes plastered on lined rectangles. i quickly looked away before i could get caught by someone. 'huh.. i didn't peg him as a musician. that's sorta cool.'

-----------------------------------------

once lunch came, i walked outside to get a bit of fresh air. every now and then, i excuse myself from the cafeteria, where i sit with jirou, and eat by myself outside. i brought my bento with me and tried to find a place to sit.

as i walked around the courtyard, i came across a familiar figure sitting behind one of the trees. so i made my way up to it. it's the same striking black hair as this morning. 'it could just be someone else, but i still wanna make sure.'

and i was right. hanta sero was sitting on the floor, looking over some music sheets. from the moment he stepped into the classroom, he struck me as interesting. 'well.. pretty AND interesting. pretty interesting.'