Chapter 4: Hold On I'm Coming

Both Max and Lu had passed out from the pain caused by all the silver they had been restrained with. They had no idea how long they were out for but by the time they both woke up they were completely healed. The marks from the silver were gone and bullets were no longer in their bodies. They were alone in a hexagonal shaped room together. It was a decent size and there were windows on half of the walls. They were both in different clothing as well. Light grey shirts and trousers with light grey pumps for shoes. They both looked at each other, unsure of what to do, when suddenly one of the walls without windows opened and a large group of men in all white hazmat suits walked in.

Some of them were holding metal rods that looked liked they'd shocked you if you tried to do anything out of line. The group of men separated, some going to Max and the others going to Lu. The men proceeded to assess both Max and Lu. They made sure they were both healthy, checked to make sure they were actually vampires by looking for a heartbeat, and figured out how old they might be inspecting their fangs.

Once the men were done with their assessments, they all left the room again. However, this time the door wasn't closed. It was left open and the men with the cow prods were stood guard. Max and Lu were obviously meant to leave the room but neither of them were that intrigued to find out what lay ahead.

"You can either leave now or get shot with another silver bullet" shouted one of the men at the door, motioning up to some smaller gaps higher up in the room that upon inspection had people aiming guns at both Max and Lu.

Reluctantly, they both started to walk towards the door and down a long corridor. Neither of them said anything apart from Lu who only uttered one word.

"Shit."

- • -

After catching up on well deserved rest, Mary and everyone else were currently attempting to get Jade captured by the VED. Obviously Mary hadn't been involved with something like this for 6 months so she wasn't as used to being up all night like before. Paul, however, was handling it just fine since he was usually up late on the job anyway. As they all found out it was sort of difficult to get Jade captured because they didn't know where the VED were going to be. They'd checked all over Little Hope and Hallows Grove but they were no where to be found. Eventually they came across them down one of the many smaller side roads that led into Little Hope. Paul suspected they were down there because they might be trying to catch vampires that are attempting to escape to somewhere safer.

Mary, Paul, Sun and Marge were all hiding inside a large bushy area a little way up the road from where the VED were currently situated. Jade, at the same time, was walking down the road towards the VED ad once she got close enough she would somehow reveal she was a vampire. Whether that be by revealing her fangs or using one of their many abilities. All everyone else had to do was watch it happen and then follow when the VED started to move.

Eventually Jade got close enough that some of the guards in all black body armor noticed her and started to call for her to stop where she was. Jade obviously didn't listen though and as soon as the guards raised their weapons in her direction she sped towards them. When she stopped moving she was only about a metre away from one of the guns. Which meant that the guard in question only had to shout vampire and then pull the trigger. Jade was instantly flat on her back and yelling in pain, the bullet having gone so far through her that it was pretty much exiting her back. The guards, just as quickly as they had with Nate and Cecilia, picked up Jade and threw her in the back of the large truck.

"Alright" whispered Paul as they all watched the VED patrol start to move. "Let's get going."

Everyone ran back to Mary's car and climbed in. Mary knew how close she should get to the patrol on front because Paul was telling her when to slow down or speed up. At first it was difficult because she thought she seemed too obvious but after they had been following for a good 20 minutes with nothing going wrong, Mary knew it was probably alright. Soon enough they were back onto main roads and shortly after that they were going down more side roads that not even Paul had ever been down. He was pretty sure they were new.