2. "Of course I have feelings for you."

Note: This is an AU where Din and Cara are both bounty hunters, he's not a Mandalorian, and they hate each other

"Why do you always have to be such a jerk?" says Cara exasperatedly. She walks to the railing of the balcony and stares grumpily at the ground.

Din shrugs. "Maybe it's just who I am."

She rolls her eyes. Why did Karga have to pair me up with this guy? She'd wanted to go on the bounty hunt alone, but apparently the assassin they were looking for was "dangerous" and she needed a "co-worker" with her. "Please, anybody but him," she'd said. But Karga had been firm.

"Whatcha thinking about, Dune?" says Din, leaning on the railing too.

Cara clenches her jaw. "None of your business. Why do you have to be so annoying all the time? Is it because you have feelings for me or something?"

"Of course I have feelings for you," Din replies matter-of-factly. "I feel that you're a little annoying."

"Every single kriffing time," mutters Cara. Part of her almost wanted him to just stop at the, "Of course" part. "Why do you always give me such a hard time? Right when I think I'm about to change my opinion of you, you go and do something like-"

Her voice trails off when Din suddenly steps up close to her. Cara is surprised by herself; she doesn't feel angry. "What do you think you're doing?" she exclaims

"Would you just shut up for once?" he says, and, cupping her face with both hands, he leans in and kisses her. 

When he finally breaks the kiss- that's right, Cara didn't resist- she simply stares at him in shock. "You go and do something like that," she says faintly before leaning in again.

Bonus points to anyone who knows where the dialogue is from