Folklore

Relationship with the album:
Like it's sister, I have an abusive relationship with this one. This album came out exactly a week before I had to have my gallbladder removed. I had some other things going on with my anxiety in general, and I was getting upset about a lot of fictional things. And some of the songs on Folklore reminded me of those fictional things. I was in pain a couple weeks before and a couple weeks after my surgery, so of course, I basked in the glorious, depressing mess of Folklore. I've come to love this album, which is ironic, because at first, it was my least favorite Taylor album.

And of course, I have some trigger songs...

•august~ "I can see us lost in the memory, august slipped away into a moment in time"

•this is me trying~ "I've been having a hard time adjusting. I had the shiniest wheels, now they're rusting"

•illicit affairs~ "They lie, and they lie, and they lie a million little times"

"You showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else"

"For you, I would ruin myself a million little times"

•betty~ "Betty, I won't make assumptions about why you switched your homeroom, but I think it's 'cause of me"

Ranking:

1. My Tears Ricochet

2. The Lakes

3. August

4. Illicit Affairs

5. Cardigan

6. This is me trying

7. Exile

8. Betty

9. Seven

10. hoax

11. The 1

12. The last great American dynasty

13. Epiphany

14. mirrorball

15. Mad woman

16. Invisible string

17. Peace