Part 53

I lay there shocked. I wasn’t exactly sure what he was asking, but it seemed intense. “What do you mean, move in with you for real? I already live with you?” I asked.
“I mean, you put your things in my room and live with me, not across the hall in your own room…”
“So you’re asking me to share a room with you?” I clarified.
“Yes,” he said.
I stared at him for a moment. “Ast, are you asking this because you’re drunk? Or do you really mean it?”
He gave me a sweet smile, “I’m never meant anything more in my life,” he whispered as he let his hand stroke gently down my back. “Plus, I’m not that drunk…”
“But isn’t it too soon?” I asked, slightly panicked. This was huge for us. Sure we lived together, and we ended up sleeping in the same room a lot, but we still had our own personal space. Sharing a room with him meant that everything was right out in the open for us. “Ast,” I added, “We’ve only been together for like six weeks.”
“I know its fast,” he sighed. “I’m not going to be mad if you don’t want to, I just have really enjoyed the last few days, spending all of this time together. I like waking up next to you and knowing that you’re safe with me. And I know it sounds cheesy, but I had this moment when we were brushing our teeth together last night. It just felt so perfect and so right.”
“It was a very coupley moment,” I grinned back at him.
“Yeah…” he replied as his hand trailed little absent-minded circles on my back, “I know you’re probably freaking out a little bit about all this, but I don’t see the problem in making this big jump. I know that I’m going to be with you forever, so why wait around?”
“You mean that?” I whispered.
“Course,” he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
Leaning up a pressed a loving kiss on his lips, he always knew how to say the right things at the right times. “Ok…” I whispered against his lips as I pulled away.
“Hmmm?” he asked.
“I said ok,” I smiled.
“Seriously?”
“Yeah, why not? What, did you think I was going to say no?”
“Well, I don’t know… I thought you’d either be really into it, or not interested at all. Guess I’m a bit surprised that after your initial reaction you agreed…”
“Well you’re right, why wait?” I asked.
“Indeed,” he whispered before placing another searing kiss against my lips. I could feel exhaustion coming over me and as he pulled away I allowed myself to cuddle closer to him, breathing him in.
“Night baby,” he whispered in my ear.
“Love you,” I yawned.
“Love you too,” he replied as he let his hand wrap itself tighter around me and our legs get tangled as we drifted off into a deep sleep.
The boys didn’t have a gig the next day, but they were off doing some promotion with some Scottish radio stations and newspapers so Chloe and I took advantage of the free time and went for a shop about town.
It was weird being out and about in Edinburgh. For some reason I was actually recognized a few times on the street, as Aston’s girlfriend, but still. As we popped into a small shop for a bottle of water I was surprised to see pictures of our group splashed across a few of the papers. I guess this was the life that I had to get used to. Instead of stopping to read what they had to say, I did what Aston had told me to do, and walked away.
After awhile Chloe and I got tired of walking around, and we settled down for a late lunch in a small café.
“You having fun this weekend?” she asked me as we waited for someone to take our order.
“Yeah, it’s been great,” I smiled.
“Did you think that you were going to end up DJing?”
“God no!” I laughed.
“You know the boys were plotting that,” she smirked.
“What??” I asked incredulously.
“Oh yeah, they’d been talking about it for the last two weeks. JB told me. The thing with the support act on Friday was actually real, but they’d been trying to come up with ways to get you out on stage regardless. They must have been well excited when they actually had a legitimate reason to do it.”
“I’m going to kill them!”
“But you can’t deny that you enjoyed it.”
“No I can’t,” I sighed. “I actually loved it. But still! Those boys are serious trouble, we have to figure out a way to get them back…”
“How?” asked Chloe, intrigued. We chatted for awhile over our food about how on earth we could possibly get them back, and then we ordered coffees to go with a piece of cake we were planning on splitting.
“So it’s like really serious between you and Ast then isn’t it?” asked Chloe as we changed the subject. “I mean I know that you’re staying at his and stuff, but it seems pretty intense…”
“Yeah,” I said. “Here, you give your opinion on this. He asked me yesterday to like move in with him as in share a room with him, not just stay in a room down the hall. Only we’ve only been together for like six weeks. Do you think that’s too fast?”
“Well,” started Chloe. “You were together before, so you can’t really consider these six weeks to be your only time together. And from what Aston’s told us about your relationship before you were pretty much living in the same room anyways… I don’t know, I think it’s fine as long as you really do love him…”
“I do,” I said. “Just shocked me that’s all.”
“What did you tell him?” she asked me as we finished up and paid.
“I said yes,” I winked.
“Oh my god!!!” she gushed. “You have no idea, you guys are like the cutest couple ever.”
“Yeah well… I have to have a few words with Mr. Mischievous, but we do ok together.”
We took our time wandering back to the hotel, looking in shop windows for things that caught our fancy. I found a fun sequin top for going out some time and Chloe got some really great purple heels. Eventually we wound up back in the hotel and plopped down at the bar for a late afternoon cocktail.
“What are you up to?” asked a voice behind me as I took a sip of my drink.
I turned around to see the boys approaching us, “Just having an innocent drink,” I smiled.
“Innocent?” asked Aston coming up next to me and placing a kiss on my head.
“I’m always a good girl,” I smiled.
“Really?” he asked me with one of those glints in his eye.
“Yup,” I replied turning back to the bar.
“Well you better hurry up and finish that, we’ve got dinner reservations.”
“Yeah,” I asked, spinning back in his direction. “What are we doing then? I thought you said we were having an early night because we have to catch a plane so early tomorrow.”
“We are… but I thought I’d treat my girl to something special while we were still here,” he said, placing another kiss on my head.
“Ohhh…” I said. “Just us then?”
“Just us.”
“Let me just finish this and then we can go get ready,” I said as I grabbed my drink and necked it.
“Innocent indeed,” giggled Aston as he wrapped his arm around me, gave everyone else a wave goodbye, and directed me towards the lifts. We’d already had a pretty eventful weekend, what could the night possibly have in store for us?