Starr

I look around and eventually find a pleated, tan skirt.

"Ooh, this'll work." I say, grabbing it. "Now I guess I'll go find some knee-high socks."

What? I think they're comfortable. 

I find some and walk over to the changing rooms, and then I hear Leon call out to me from behind me.

"Hey, Starr!"

I turn around.

"Oh, hey! It looks great! Did you try doing anything with that? Do you know if it's restricting or anything?"

"Oh, yeah, it feels great. Thanks."

"No problem! I'm gonna go change now."

"Okay."

I thought for a split second I saw him blush.

Oh, well.

I step into a changing room and put on my clothes. The hoodie is very oversized and it makes my skirt look really short, but it still goes down to my knees. Good thing there are shorts built into the skirt so no one can peep on me.

I tied my hair into a ponytail, but a bit of hair still falls on my face, and I can't get it to tie back.

I walk out and it looked like Leon was waiting for me. He was sitting on the bench across the hall.

"Oh, you're done." He said. He looked me over and his face turned a bit red again.

Man, he's been doing that a lot.

"I'm gonna try it out." I say. He nods and steps back.

I take off running down the hallway, doing a sideways flip into a layout with a full twist, then hurl an orb of yellow energy into the ceiling, making some chunks fall down.

"Oops." I say, easing up my body. "Well, it feels great."

I turn to see Leon, and he's just staring at me.

I remember his confession in front of us all in his argument with Adrian.

Oh, right.

That.

I immediately feel myself flush.

That's when X-752 flew through the ceiling.

"Starr!" Leon shouts, shooting her with a beam and then running towards me. 

X-752 doesn't budge, she just turns toward me and charges.

Leon punches her across the face, getting ahead of her and whirling around to face her when he's close enough to me.

"Leon, you don't have to protect-" I begin.

X-752 blasts him out of the way and grabs me by the shoulders.

"GRRRRAH!" I shout, jumping up and kicking her with both my legs in the chest.

I land on the ground and compose myself, getting into a position I can leap up and fight from. X-752 lunges at me, and we both grab each other's hands in a face-off.

"Leon!! Make sure Nora's okay! If she can fight, she can fight, but don't force her to watch on the sidelines!" I shout, never taking my eyes off her and trying to overpower her.

All of a sudden, without warning, X-752 blasts into flight. Straight through the ceiling. 

"This is a fight for you and me alone." She says, speaking with multiple voices.

"So no one gets hurt." I say. By now we've let go of each other, but we're close enough to start a fight in the sky. 

"Except you." She says, making two orbs and hurls them at me. I make a large sword and deflect them, then I charge at her with the sword. I swing at her, but she blocks with a white shield she created. She pushes me away, then makes a sword of her own.

"Astra, I know you're in there!" I say, still holding my sword up. "You're strong enough to push past them!"

"Astra can't come right now." She says, creating a sickly twisted smile. She then flies towards me and swings her sword. I catch it on mine, and push it off. 

We continue fighting.

I let my horns, tail, and wings show.

"Astra, I'm coming!" I say, making my sword dissolve and shooting a white beam at her.

But I'm not doing it to hurt her.

I need to get her Forsaken out. 

"Aaaahhh..." She says, almost like she was in pain but she was confused. "What...what is this?"

"I'm going to help you." I say. She tries to attack, but I make her arms go behind her.

Then, I pull.

"GRRAAHHH!!" I say, pulling with all my might.

I'm powerful enough.

I can get them out.

One red light.

Two.

Four.

Seven.

Then, hundreds of lovshke spirits fly out.

They soar through the darkening sky, like purple and yellow stars that move.

Astra's hair is darkening.

The cracks are disappearing.

She's coming back.

Her eyes open and she looks at me.

They're still glowing white.

"Astra..." I say, holding out my hand.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to come with me, and you'll be safe."

She looks down at my hand.

Then back up at me.

Then back down.

And she takes it.

Her eyes close and I hold her in my arms.

She might look old, but I knew she's probably still at least 10 still.

Lightly, I float back down. I land in the parking lot.

"Starr!" Leon shouts, running towards me with Nora right behind him. "Is that...her?"

I look up and nod.

"She's okay, she's safe now." I say. "Let's take her home."

He looks up at me and nods.

"I'll ride with her in the back of the truck." Nora says.

I take her to the truck and lay her in the back, and Nora sits next to her, holding her head in her lap.

I can't believe it.

I did it.

I saved her.