Kisses from wolves

We’d been driving what seemed like a thousand years. My mother, Lillian was driving slower than a sloth. I sat next to her, my feet up the dash board, reading a boring book on my Kindle.

“Mum please go faster” I urged her, looking up from the kindle.

“Look, let’s pass the Old man on the bike” I said tapping her arm.

Mum shrugged me off. “Never touch the driver, Kaylee!”She shouts. “And take your dirty feet off the dashboard”

I inspect my toes, wriggling them back and forth. They looked pretty clean to me.

“Mum you said you were giving me this car for my seventeenth birthday” I said changing the subject.

“And..?” she said.

“I might as well get comfortable and treat it like its mine” I reply.

“Don’t get too big for your boots honey, I can take it back just as easily as I give it to you” she said with a smile on her rosy lips.

“Hey look” I say pointing out of the window. “The old man is way past us now” I say with a gasp.

“Don’t exaggerate, just be quiet for now, were nearly there anyway”

I take my feet off the dash board, and lean against the open window. The wind blows through my dyed curly lilac hair, and whistle's through my ears. I concentrate on the sound of the tyres whining on the rhythmic clatter of the seams on the road.

I then start to think about what the boys will think of me, when they see me again. Every two years me and my mum go and visit her old high-school best friend, Marie.  When I first met her, I never knew she lived in a remote place in Louisiana, in a seven bedroom cabin home. She had three boys,Tyler who was the laid back one, with a bad boy image. Miles the youngest and so damn cute, and Lucas. Lucas was the intelligent and polite one. He was a bit of a mummy’s boy, so caring and Kind. I slowly became close friends with Lucas but not that well with Tyler, he always seemed closed off. The holidays in there cabin were always fun and exciting that I wouldn’t want to go home.

We could only afford to visit every two years in the summer time, as coming from my hometown Chicago can be expensive in petrol when coming to Louisiana.

“Were here” shouts my mum beeping the car horn, alerting the occupants.

Seconds later, I see Marie come out of the house, hair tied up with a red head band to accessorise it. She has a red checkered shirt tucked half in, half out. She matched them with some black cargo pants. Coming toward us, my mum and I get out of the car shutting it behind us. Marie greets my mum with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Oh Kaycee, you’ve grown up so beautiful “She gushes her arms outstretched, scanning my features. She gives me a tight hug and whispers, “Love the lilac hair”. She releases me and opens the back boot of our car. “Lucas, Tyler, Miles come and say hi to Lillian and Kaycee” She bellows.

The first figure to appear by the door is Lucas. His jet black hair catches the light of the sun, making his blazing Ammolite eyes, mesmerize in mine, .  I don’t remember him looking this hot. My stomach almost does a flip but gets interrupted by another face appearing next to him. Tyler runs one hand through his short brown shaggy hair. He leans against the door frame, looking at me through his radiant Hazel eyes, a smirk drawing on his lips. My stomach does a full flip, making my cheeks flush a light red.

“Boys don’t just stand there, come and help take the luggage” yells Marie to the boys. “And where’s Miles, is he still eating?” she asks.

“Yeah “ said Lucas coming down the steps, Tyler following behind. Lucas stops in front of me, and pulls me into a long embrace, “ Lover Boy” coughs out Tyler his hand over his mouth, grinning.

“Whatever, I really missed you Kay” he says freeing me.

“I missed you too Luke” I say smiling up at him. He goes over to take some luggage from the car boot and carries them into the cabin. Tyler steps a bit towards me and Looks at my hair with his eyebrows quirked up.

“I wanted to go for a change” I say simply with a shrug.

“Nah, I think it suits you” he says freeing a curl from my hair.

“Really?” I ask with a grin.

“Hey, don’t get too excited, I said it suited you, not that it looked nice” He says with a smile, walking over to the car boot retrieving the last bag.

“You haven’t changed one bit” I say walking up next to him and shutting the car boot. He laughs, shaking his head.

“But you defiantly have, haven’t you?” he accuses with a wink walking back in the cabin.

I stand there not knowing whether his comment was a compliment or not.

But all know is, this summer is going to be very different.

Authors Note:

Hi I hope you like the first chapter, this is going to be a werewolf story with a twist, you just have to keep reading to see what it is!

Check my other Story three can play that Game if you haven’t read it yet please

Comment, Vote and fan please.