kisses from wolves Chapter 6

As we got the necessary equipment's, clothes and food storage , we made our way out of the house while Luke  locked and secured the door. We headed through the forest, a gentle breeze whispers across my face making me hug my coat tighter around me. Tyler and Luke are both on each side of me, with Tyler sneaking quick glances at me . 

" So where are we camping out guys ?" I ask trying to get rid of the tension.

" Its getting really late so we might  stop in ten minutes and find a small campsite and set up there" replies Luke staring straight ahead. I don't know what his problem was but he still wasn’t talking to me after seeing  me and Tyler together.

" Luke.." I started 

" Forget about it Kaylee, because I have" he said with a small smile , which I knew was fake.

"Okay.." I said quietly.

The silent walk in the misty night was uncomfortable and boring but we finally got to our destination in what felt like an hour.

We had bought 3 medium tents for each of us to have one of our own. We started setting up our individual tents, except me who was failing miserably doing it. I tried for a couple more minutes trying to set it up but gave up in a huff. 

" Need help?" said a Tyler with amusement written on his face.

" This isn't funny Ty, and yes I would greatly appreciate it" I said with a smile.

Within five minutes he was done setting up the tent, I must say it didn't look to bad. The colour was a bit mundane and dirty green but it would do.

" Thank you" I said  before sliding in the tent with ease.

" I'll call you out when we've set up the fire because its getting quiet cold and less humid" he shouted while walking away. I set up my pillow and blanket on the surface before lying down on it and closing my eyes. 

Less than 10 minutes of me having a short nap, I hear someone opening my tent and Tyler's face popping inside .

" Come outside, the fireplace is done"

I  slip out of the cozy tent and see the warm fireplace radiating red and orange flames.

We sit around the fireplace, in comfortable silence , with sound of the wind slapping against the tree leaves.

" Who wants to take the first shift ?" spoke Luke for the first time.

" For what?" I asked confused. We were all tired and needed sleep if we were going to get Marie, I don't know about them but I need my beauty sleep.

" For if an intruder comes along, or would you rather they hack our bodies in our sleep?" asked Tyler with a raised eyebrow.

"On a second note, you can take the first shift" I smile sheepishly whilst sliding back into my tent.

It took me less than 15 minutes to fall into a deep sleep, but it was soon cut of by voices violently whispering to each other.

" Just because you like her and she doesn't like you back doesn't mean you have to act like a jack ass!" says a voice I couldn't make out to who it belonged too.

" You what, I'm over it, you two deserve each other. I'm going sleep." responded another voice before slipped back to sleep again. As the night progressed into morning , I opened one eye only to have the sun hitting it. Feeling a bit squashed I roll over to a hard body. Snapping my eyes open, I look at whose next to me and its Luke and his arms were effortlessly draped over my waist. I tap him trying to awaken him but all fails. Instead he pulls me closer my face pressing against his chest forcing me to inhale his jack will cologne. Hearing my muffles, the zip of my tent starts to be opened with a very confused Tyler staring down at the compromised position I was currently in.

" This is isn't what it looks like--" I start 

" Talk about karma" says a raspy voice that belonged to Luke. I look down at him with annoyance only to have him smiling lazily at me. 

" I'm sorry Tyler, I don't know--" I begin to apologize before Tyler interrupts me by saying " What have you got to apologize for, its not like were dating?" he then winks then zips up he tent and walk away. With a sigh I drop my head back onto the ground and stare at Luke with anger " Get out" I say simply and without another word he leaves my tent, leaving me alone with a million thoughts swimming in my head.

Authors note:

Jeez I haven't updated this in so long but I'm back and hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you!