Chapter 2

Lin Chung pov.
The next day I went to the First Squad meeting room to see Mighty Ray, Jumpy, and Mr. No hands. I wasn't surprised that Mystique Sonia wasn't here yet, so I got out a canvas ad started to paint until she arrived. I started to think about the girl from last night as I began painting a picture of her in her black clothing. I was so absorbed into my painting that I didn't hear her come in as she surprised me. "Hey Lin Chung.", Mystique Sonia said to me. "Oh, hey Sonia.", I replied as I went back to my painting. I soon noticed that Sonia was looking over my shoulder at my painting. "Hey Lin Chung, who are you painting?", Mystique Sonia asked. "Yeah, who is that?", Mighty Ray asked. "oh, she is just someone I met in the bamboo forest last night.", I explained as I continued painting. "Well whoever she is, she looks pretty.", Mighty Ray said as he got smacked upside the head by Yaksha. "You don't even know what her face looks banana brain.", Mystique Sonia said. "Although I don't know what she looks like, she has other amazing qualities. She is smart, agile, fast, strong. And her eyes, she has the most beautiful green eyes that sparkle in the moonlight and are so full of bravery and curiosity. I have never seen eyes like that before.", I say as I finish painting her eyes, finishing the painting.

Mighty Ray looks between me and the painting before looking at me with a smirk. "Should we leave you and your painting alone for a while?", Mighty Ray asked. "What exactly are you saying?", I asked him, confused on his choice of words. "It means you have a crush on her!", Mystique Sonia said, sounding excited. "What? No, you are misunderstanding. I don't like her that way.", I said. "Why. Lin Chung. Blush?", Jumpy asked as he hopped over to us. "Yeah Lin Chung. If you don't like her, then why are you blushing?", Mighty Ray asked as he pointed to my face. I place my hand on my cheek and felt how hot my face actually was. Was I actually blushing? "Well do you at least know what her name is?", Mighty Ray asked. "I... uh...", I replied, remembering that I never had the chance to ask her for her name. "You have a crush on a girl and you don't even know her name? Ha!", Mighty Ray said as he started laughing. I felt my face burning up as I wasn't sure how to respond. Did I actually have a crush on her? Without another word I quickly left the room, hearing Mr. No Hands scolding Mighty Ray as I ran back to my room. When I got back to my room and shut the door before sitting on my bed, feeling embarrassed and confused.

Mystique Sonia pov.
I watched Lin Chung run out, feeling bad for him as I turned and glared at Mighty Ray. "Now look at what you did banana brains!", I say to Mighty Ray as Yaksha smacked him upside the head. "Hey, I was only messing around. I didn't know that he was going to run off like that.", Mighty Ray said. "Lin Chung. Sad.", Jumpy said as his ears drooped. "I'm gonna go check on him, but first.", I said as I pulled a handful of seeds from the pocket of my dress and threw them on the ground before spitting on them, causing them to grow into buns. I start picking them and placing them on a plate as Mighty Ray licked his lips and tried to grab one, causing Yaksha to smack his hand. "Ow, what was that for?", Mighty Ray asked as he rubbed his hand. "Well seeing as you're the one who made Lin Chung upset you don't get any buns.", I said as I walked out of the room and started heading to Lin Chung's room.

Lin Chung pov.
I was laying on my bed, thinking about what had just happened. Did I really like that mysterious girl from the forest? I barely knew her, but I just couldn't get her out of my head. Suddenly I heard a knock at my door, but I refused to get up and answer it. "Lin Chung? It's Sonia, can I come in?", I heard Mystique Sonia say from behind the door. I get up before walking over and opening the door, seeing Mystique Sonia holding a plate of buns. I held the door open for her as she walked in before closing it behind her. Mystique Sonia sat on one end of my bed as I went over and sat on the other end as she set the plate down between us. "I just wanted to check on you. Are you okay?", Mystique Sonia asked me. "I'm fine.", I said as I grabbed one of the buns and took a bite out of it. "Don't listen to Mighty Ray, we both know he's a banana brain.", Mystique Sonia said. "Thank you for coming to check on me.", I said as I gave her a small smile. "No problem and who knows, maybe you might meet that girl again. Later Lin Chung.", Mystique Sonia said as she stands up and leaves the room and closes the door behind her. I finish eating my bun as I start to think of what Mystique Sonia said. Maybe I will meet her again, I just need to be there at the right time. I suddenly got an idea as I clean myself up and grab the plate of buns that Mystique Sonia left before heading back to the bamboo forest.