Chapter 8

High Roller pov.
I was waiting for the zebra brothers to come back so that we could go to the Cat castle for the final competition. Suddenly the doors open to see Sparky Black and Sparky White roll inside before stopping in front of my throne. "What took you bone heads so long? If you took any longer, we were going to miss the last competition!", I yelled at them. "We're sorry, master High Roller, but we got what you ask for.", Sparky Black said as he and Sparky White both held up a single pink rose. "The Love Rose. Legend has it; if someone smells its pollen, they'll fall in love with the first person they see.", Sparky White said as I snatched the rose from them. "Perfect! Now, let's go before we're late!", I tell them as I start to make my way out of the castle.

"But master High Roller, there's something you should know about the rose.", Sparky Black said. "Yeah, the rose won't work if-", Sparky black tried to say when I cut him off. "Did I ask you for more information about the rose?", I ask them. "Uh...", They both said. "Then shut your mouths and get moving!", I yell at them as they quickly ran out the door with the chameleons.

Lin Chung pov.
"Today's the day.", I think to myself as I finish getting ready. I spent most of the morning thinking about what has happened over the last two days. The princess, the girl in the forest, the competitions, I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear someone knocking on my door. "Lin Chung, are you in there?", I hear Commander Apetrully ask before I open the door. "Oh good, are you ready to go? We need to leave soon if we wish to make it on time.", Apetrully said. "Yes, Commander.", I saw as I step out of my room and close the door behind me.

I stayed quiet as we walked to Apetrully's helicopter, still lost in thought as Apetrully started to speak. "Lin Chung, I understand that you may not want to do this, but you must understand that it is the only way to restore peace with the cat kingdom.", Apetrully said. "I understand.", I respond as we reach his helicopter.

Nina Ketura pov.
I was sitting by my window, writing in my journal, when I hear someone at the door. "Who is it?", I ask as I close my journal. "It's me, may I come in?", I hear the cat king say as I hid my journal under my pillow before walking over to the door. "Yes, father?", I ask as I open the door, allowing him to enter. "Come and sit down.", My father said as he sat on my bed and patted his tail on the spot next to him. I close the door before walking over and sitting next to him. "Look. I know you don't want to do this. And don't think I haven't noticed how you've been acting recently, because I have. I care about you.", My father said. "If you care so much, then why make me do this?", I ask him.

"Because the humans want us to make peace with them, and I wish to see you happy. You may not realize it now, but you will thank me for this one day.", My father said as he used his tail to pull me into a hug before getting up. "Now, please finish getting ready. The suitors will be here soon.", My father said. "Yes, father.", I replied, looking down at my lap as I hear him leave the room. I sighed as I laid on my back. "I'll be thankful when this whole thing is over.", I say to myself as I got up and finished getting ready.

Lin Chung pov.
We soon reached cat castle as I saw the rest of First Squad, along with Woo the Wise. "What are you all doing here?", I asked them, not knowing that they were going to be here. "Well, we wanted to come and see how you'll do during the last competition, along with giving you some moral support.", Mystique Sonia explained. "Yeah, and we also wanted to check out that princess.", Mighty Ray said, causing Yaksha to smack him upside the head. I smiled, glad to know my friends were here to support me as we all walked inside.