Chapter 2 (Draft 2021)

They pulled up to a grocery store. It was a competitor store to Ryder's store. But he didn't care about going since it wasn't the store he worked at. The store was busy as usual. They lived in a relatively small town. The two leading grocery stores were the one Ryder worked at and this one they are shopping at.

Ryder and Frank got out of the car. Ryder parked far from the store since there wasn't any parking near the front of the store. They walked across the lot, not paying attention to cars backing up. Frank almost got hit by one backing up; Frank didn't notice nor care. Ryder apologized for his friend's carelessness and moved on.

Once they entered the store, they got a basket and went straight to the liquor section. They browsed up and down the section. Ryder was looking for the cheapest drinks he could buy so he wouldn't spend too much money. Then suddenly, a bunch of clangs could be heard as it was tossed in the basket.

Ryder looked at what was in the basket. It was a variety of alcohol gin, rum, tequila, whisky, and a few mixers. Ryder looked up, dismayed. Frank, on the other hand, gave a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, no, this ain't gonna slide." Ryder simply said.

Frank looked a little hurt. "What do you mean? You said you wanted to get bent tonight."

"Yeah, within my budget. Now go put them away." Frank went to grab them all. Ryder put his hand in front of a beverage. "Not the tequila, though."

Frank gave a knowing smirk. "I know tequila was your kryptonite." Frank took the rest away.

Ryder and Frank looked at a section that held large can sizes of alcohol. There was one called: "El Crazy." "You know," Frank started, "those El Crazy's get us pretty messed up. We could just have those, and the tequila calls it a night."

"Yeah, but what about the others?" Ryder asked.

"Um.... what about some of those cheap can beers," Frank said, pointing at a 24-pack.

Ryder grimaced at the pack. "Yeah, but they're gross."

Frank shrugged. "Who cares? It's not like they're not getting anything to drink."

Ryder, in his mind, agrees to disagree. So, he grabs the pack and puts it in the cart.

"We need snacks," Frank said quickly.

"What? Snacks?" Ryder asked in frustration. "Don't you have food?"

"Not for the party," Frank said. "We'll make it simple chips and dip. You get the chip, and I'll get the dip."

Before Ryder could protest anything, Frank took off. Ryder knows it is pointless to tell him otherwise. "Can you at least get the off-brand ones?!" Ryder shouted out. He was unsure if Frank had heard him. But he will pretend he did so he could calm his mind.

Ryder thought about something. "Wait, isn't the dips with the chips?" Ryder concluded that yes, they were. Ryder went off in that direction. When he went down the chip aisle, Frank was nowhere to be found. Ryder sighed and quickly grabbed the off-brand chips and dip.

Ryder went to his phone to call Frank. It rang for a few until Frank picked up. "Sup," Frank said casually.

"Sup?" What do you mean by "sup"? Where are you?" Ryder said clearly in a frustrated tone.

"Oh, uhhh, aisle 14," Frank said.

Ryder put a hand on his forehead. "Stay there. I'm coming over there."

"Cool," Frank said and hung up.

Ryder was surprised at how fast he hung up the call. But he didn't worry about it too much and went to aisle 14. When Ryder arrived, he immediately knew why Frank was down this aisle. There were mirrors everywhere. Frank was a big fan of mirrors. Or more of himself.