"Is it true?" - Pt. 1

"Is it true..?"

...

"Is what true?"

...

"That you're leaving soon..."

...

"Yeah. It's true."

And just like that... I lost my best friend... I never thought that day would come. I always thought that we would stay with each other forever. Like what we promised. But sometimes, what you think isn't necessarily true. Is it? I remember the day when I found out about Iwa-Chan leaving. It was like this...

It was a normal morning, I was getting ready while Iwa-Chan was waiting for me out on my front porch. I grabbed some milk bread and stuffed it in my mouth as I hurried out to Iwa. Iwa looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Really?"

"What?" I looked at him, my mouth full.

Iwa sighed and just walked off.

"Hey!! Wait up!" I finished eating my milk bread and ran over to him.

"So, what do you want to do today!?" I asked him, looking over at him with a bright smile.

Iwa looked at me, "I'm not sure... Actually, I want you to choose."

I stared at Iwa with a confused face. "But you always choose?"

Iwa scoffed and looked at me, "Well, I'm letting you today!"

I chuckled slightly, "Okay! Let's go to the park after school!"

"M'kay." Iwa smiled softly.

Once we got to school people looked at me. It looked like they were sad for me. I was confused but I ignored it and continued on to my class.

As soon as I walked into class I heard people whispering while looking at me. I started getting a little nervous. But, I sat down, ignoring it.

Once the teacher got in she looked at me. She also looked sad for me. It's sad to know everybody around the school knew. Even teachers. But me.

During class the teacher was really nice to me. She usually isn't so I knew something was up. I was writing some notes into my notebook, "Can you guys stop staring..?" I asked, still writing. I could tell the people that were staring stopped after that.

Later on that day, the bell rang for lunch. I packed my things and went to the cafeteria. I got my lunch and went over to Makki and Mattsun. They seemed very sad.

"Hey, 'Kawa.. We're so sorry.." Makki said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at Makki confused, "What do you mean?"

Makki looked at Mattsun then looked back at me, "He didn't tell you!?"

I got even more confused, "Who didn't tell me what..?"

Mattsun sighed, "I knew he wouldn't... Oikawa, why do you think Iwaizumi isn't here at lunch today..?"

I chuckled, "It could be for many different reasons. Well, he actually didn't tell me why he wasn't coming to lunch today but yeah!"

Mattsun looked at Makki, sad.

"Oikawa..." Makki paused and tilted his head down, "Iwaizumi's leaving soon.. He's moving..."

That's when everything hit me. I felt like I was being stabbed constantly. My eyes widened, getting tears right away. The tears started falling from my face, one after another.

"That's why Iwaizumi isn't here.. He's packing his things up while he can.." Mattsun said quietly.

I smiled, "N-Nice prank guys..! Haha..! You g-got me..!" I didn't want to believe it, but I knew Makki and Mattsun wouldn't prank me like that. My smile turned into a frown. I gritted my teeth and grabbed my chest.

"WHY!?" I yelled, "WHY!? WHY IS HE LEAVING ME!?"

The whole cafeteria went quiet.

"Oikawa.." Makki tried hugging me.

I pushed him back, "NO! I DON'T NEED ANY HUGS!" I fell to the floor and starting crying a lot more. I whined, "Why..? Why didn't he tell me..?"

"I'm sure he has a good reason.." Makki said, bending down, beside me.

Mattsun nodded in agreement. "You should talk to him after school."

I took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

"I guess he found out, huh..?" A girl whispered to another.

The other nodded and sighed, "Poor boy..."

"Come on, let's get your lunch and go somewhere else." Makki said, getting up.

I nodded and got up too. I looked around to see everybody staring at me. Not one person was looking in a different direction. I started breathing heavily after seeing that, I was panicking. I ran out of the cafeteria as fast as I could, not looking back and ignoring the calls Makki and Mattsun were calling out.

I ran into a bathroom and went to a stall, locking the door. I didn't come out until it was the end of the day. I fixed myself up as the bell rang. I then put a smile on that was obviously fake. I took a deep sigh and walked outside to the front of the school. I saw Iwa waiting for me. He waved and I walked up to him.

"Let's go." I said, sounding like I had no emotions.

Iwa looked at me, concerned, "Is.. Something wrong?"

I shook my head and gave a bright smile, "Nope! Not at all!"

Iwa looked away, "Okay..."

We started walking to our houses. Right before we had to take our separate ways I said, "Iwa-Chan.. Before we go..."

Iwa didn't turn to me, "Yeah?" He asked.

"Is it true..?" I asked, my voice starting to crack.

Iwa was silent, "Is what true?" He asked, still not looking at me.

"That you're leaving soon..." I said, tears falling from my cheeks.

Iwa closed his eyes and sighed, "Yeah. It's true"

"W-When..?" My chest started hurting. I couldn't believe my best friend since the age of four was leaving me. I never got to tell him how I felt. I still think of him to this day.

"A few days..." Iwa muttered.

My eyes grew big. Everything stopped. "A.. A few days...!?"

Iwa nodded and turned to me. "I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell me...!?"

"Because... I didn't want to see you like this..." Iwa said as he turned away again. "Again, I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow, 'Kawa." He said as he walked away.

And now we're all caught up. I miss Iwa, I truly do. And, I still feel the way I felt for him whenever we were in high school. Even though it's been years. I'm just hoping that one day, I'll get to see him again.