Chapter 1 - The incident

10 minutes. That's all the time I had left at work before I could go home and enjoy my last few hours with my family. Before my life changing move to Peru for a year.

Fingers tapping impatiently on the counter -of the small coffee shop where I worked- I stared longingly at the clock..hoping it will make the time pass by quicker. It doesn't. The hands continue to move painfully slowly.

I take a few more people's orders and by the time I'm done its time to go. I grab my things and sprint to the door and head out onto the busy streets of London. Lights everywhere, people everywhere even at 7pm the city is alive. I pull out my iPod and put on the song 'Nothing really matters' - Mr. Probz. I sink into the music as I take my seat at the bus stop. The lyrics taking me away. The bus pulls up -late as usual-I take my seat and carry on listening to my music. Waiting for my stop to come. The cold air hits my face as I step onto the path starting the 5 minute walk to my house.

I step into the road, so engrossed in my music that I forget to look for coming cars. I turn my head to find two bright headlights coming towards me. Completely paralysed with fear I'm unable to move out of the way. The tyres of the car screech to try and move out the way..but it's too late

I feel the car make contact with my body. I'm thrown over the car. Pain surges through me as I hit the tarmac and I can already feel the blood trickling down the back of my head. I hear faint shouts of people and the slam of a car door. A man leans over me, his features blurred by my sudden feeling of fatigue. A high pitch buzz starts in my head and then all goes black.

A short chapter to start with, my first of many stories. Vote and comment. Maya x