1.6

Chapter 1.6:

For Sui Yuan, his experience in prison is something he is reluctant to ever think about again. Although he has system 5237 by his side to provide mental strength and encouragement, it is still far from enough to help him cope with his current situation.

…After all, the story did not focus on the hardship the supporting male lead endured during his period of imprisonment, merely skating around it. The most emphasis is placed on describing the lives of the male and female leads. Hence, Sui Yuan can only endure this experience day after day, not knowing what is in store.

Moreover, in the original plot, Fan Caiyao was the mastermind behind the entire operation, while the ignorant Sui Yuan was merely used to make everything go smoothly. This time, the one who planned and handled everything is Sui Yuan himself. Therefore, his crime is many times greater, and the punishment for it will be many times heavier.

Under Qin Zheng’s command, the rebel army slices through the Emperor’s soldiers like a hot knife through butter. Very quickly, more than half the country falls under their control.

When the present Emperor eventually visits the prison, the originally healthy man in both spirit and mind has undergone a huge change, his age showing in every crease of his face.

Sui Yuan’s appearance is also not much better. The originally gorgeous crimson robes have long become dull with dirt and grime. The waist-length, silky hair tangled together, forming messy braids. Being placed in such a difficult situation, it is no wonder he has lost a lot of weight. However, he still retains his usual flower-like, alluring visage. Those dark phoenix eyes are no longer bright, gaze becoming cold and indifferent. One can even say empty or soulless.

The Emperor’s throat trembles faintly as he chokes on his surging emotions. That day when he heard the truth about the situation, he had been so furious he thought about striking the prince down. In the end, his heart won out, rendering him incapable of such an act. After all, when all is said and done, he nurtured this child from childhood, watching him grow and mature.

In the Emperor’s eyes, Sui Yuan is a naïve and innocent soul still unversed in worldly matters. Blinded by love, made use of by others.

“…Do you regret?” The Emperor’s voice is old but no less forceful.

Sui Yuan shakes his head wordlessly. In order to complete his task, he is naturally not remorseful.

“No regrets?” The Emperor repeats. “Your love for him[1] remains bone-deep?”

While Sui Yuan doesn’t quite understand the meaning behind the Emperor’s words, he merely keeps silent and shakes his head again.

No matter who the Emperor is referring to, he definitely doesn’t harbour a bone-deep love for anyone.

“…Who exactly is he talking about?” Being wrongly accused of having a lover, Sui Yuan feels he must investigate this matter. Hence, he directs this questions to 5237.

“It’s Qin Zheng.” 5237 replies helplessly even as it gnashes its teeth in annoyance. “A good old BG world is unexpectedly transformed into a BL one. You’re really capable!”

Sui Yuan becomes gloomy. He feels he really is innocent ah! He followed the script accordingly and put as much effort as possible into being the best supporting male lead!

“Haha…indeed, one should not love him! Absolutely cannot ah!” The Emperor laughs bitterly. Lifting a hand to stroke Sui Yuan’s head in reminisce of the past, he continues, “Zhen doesn’t wish to kill you, but I also cannot let you go free, do you understand?”