2

Kate's POV

I heard the door open and close then the sound of someone's footsteps. Jessica probably just left. I then heard the door open and Ricky walked out and saw me, he sat next to me and sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"How come you always come out here when Jessica's over?" He asked.

"I don't always come out. I just wanted to smoke.." I said. I could tell that he didn't believe me but he didn't say anything else.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him confused.

"Uh what do you mean?"I asked.

"Like is everything fine in your life?" He asked. No because I love you... but you don't see it.

"Yeah everything's fine so far" I said he nodded and got up.

"Okay, well I have to go help Chris with something, I should be back in a few hours" he said. I nodded and put out my cigarette, walking back inside. Tears filled my eyes and I ran to my room and sat in my bed. The tears spilled and the bad thoughts started to flood in.

What if he found out? Would he hate me? What I left? I could leave it all behind.  After all, no one would really care, they all probably think I'm annoying.

I got up and pulled my suitcase out of my closet. I heard the door open and Ricky called my name.

"Kate?" He asked loudly. I stayed quiet. Maybe if he didn't hear me he'd think I was sleeping... right?

I heard his footsteps come closer to my door. I quickly got on the bed and covered myself with my blanket. His soft knocks were heard on the door but I stayed still. He opened and walked over to me.

"Kate, I wish I could tell you how much I truly love you... god I sound pathetic not being able to say it to our face" he leaned down and kissed my cheek. He would hate me right now if he knew I was awake.

He went back to the door and his footsteps faded.

What does this mean? He and Jessica are probably having some relationship problems...  there's no other reason as to why he'd say that.

I got up and went back to packing my stuff. I'm the pathetic one. Look at me, I'm leaving my life behind because I can't handle a dumb little crush. Oh well.  This is what's best for me.