The Moment

Y/N POV

Today was the big day. The day we planned from the start. The day I got to see Natalie and Noor again. It had been so long since I last saw them. I had so many questions for them. Before all this, we would do everything together. We would go to class, eat meals, and have sleepovers. Stay up late and watch the sunrise. Play fun games with other kids from our school. I wished so much that I could be a kid again. When I didn't have to worry about money and I had parents that took care of me. Those were all just scattered memories, now, frozen in time.

Training had taken a toll out on me today. For some reason, Captain Jungkook decided to overwork us. My body and mind were exhausted. By the time we had finished and gone back to our bunks, I couldn't fathom how my legs were strong enough to even carry me there. But I didn't have much time to rest. Once everyone went to dinner, I was going to make my escape. But for now, as I waited, I rested my sore body on my uncomfortable mattress.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked as he walked over to me, "Need anything?"

"No, thanks," I replied. "Just tired."

As I said that, the alarm sounded that it was time to go to dinner. Everyone in the bunks got up and left the room while I stayed behind. Well, everyone except Taehyung. He started to leave, but he noticed I wasn't going.

"Too tired?" He tilted his head.

I propped myself up and swung my legs off the bed

"Actually," I went on, "Remember how it's Pay Day, today?"

He nodded.

"Well I'm sneaking out to do the trade with Natalie." I said.

I guess it wasn't really a trade. More of just me receiving and Natalie giving.

"Oh, I do remember you telling me about that." He continued, "Let's go."

"Let's?" I questioned, "You mean us? No."

"Please," He replied. "Without my help, you'll get caught leaving this room."

I rolled my eyes, "That's not true. Besides, aren't you hiding from an evil stepmother or something life-threatening like that?"

"This isn't a negotiation, y/n." He argued, "I'm going with you. I don't want you going alone."

I paused for a moment. He was hard to say no to.

"Fine," I finally answered. "Got any good plans to get out of here?"