Long

Y/N POV

"Looks like we have the whole party here, doesn't it?" The Queen asked tauntingly.

"Mother--" Yoongi began but was quickly interrupted.

"You betrayed me, Yoongi!" She scolded. "And you..."

She sharply met eyes with Taehyung. His presence enraged her. Beads of angering sweat formed at the base of her forehead. But alas, he gave no reaction. That increased her levels even more.

"Who do you people think you are? I was gonna only kill the thief and the burden, but now..." her head lifted up and her voice simmered, "now you will all die."

The Champions restrained us all and lined us up, forcing us into an uncomfortable position on our knees. Behind each one of us stood a guard with a gun to our heads. In the line contained Yoongi. She looked at him with red, obviously in the wrong state of mind. It was her son, but clearly it wasn't enough to sway her.

"I'm finished with you," the Queen said cruelly. "You're tainted."

A tear fell out of Yoongi's eye and slid down his cheek. I could tell her words stung him. He didn't speak. I'm guessing because he wasn't sure what to say. How could one react to their execution ordered by their own mother? Yoongi's head almost toppled off his neck and to the floor, saddened by her words.

Finally, the Champions loaded their guns and aimed at our heads. My eyes peered around at all my friends: Yoongi kneeled at the very end of the line with his head bowed, unable to face his mother. Natalie was next to him, tears falling out her face. Noor wasn't crying, but she had a look of defeat on her face. I watched as the boy next to her stared at her the whole time, not allowing himself to gaze somewhere else. They were obviously together. Jungkook kneeled, but his back was straight and his shoulders faced outward and stern. He didn't back down, and his face was spiteful. I felt bad for him. He was just trying to help. Then, it was Taehyung and I. I wanted to reach for Tae's hand, but we were tied up yet again. I felt like I was breathing so heavily. But when I inhaled, it was slow. Like my body was ready but my mind wasn't. I lowered my head and breathed in once more, awaiting my preferred method of execution.

"Wait," the Noblewoman halted.

My eyes opened and my head tilted slightly enough just to see what was going on. The Queen walked over to a Champion standing behind her and took the gun out of his hand, forcefully. She then made her way down the line and stopped at Taehyung. The Queen stood in front of him and raised the weapon to his face.

"I want this one," she snarked.

Taehyung still had nothing to say. She seemed a little taken aback by his silence. Like she was trying everything in her power to get him to give a look of defeat or anger, and it wasn't working. He didn't budge. I think it might've bothered her more.

"What?" She sighed, "You won't speak?"

He remained quiet. Her words no longer hurt him. He understood why she said these things. He threatened her. Finally, his eyes looked up to face her, and he wouldn't break gaze. But still—his face was a statue.

"God," she growled. "Look at you. Just as worthless as your mother."

Tae swallowed hard at that comment. And it gave her a glimpse of light. So she went on with her poking insults.

"Too bad nature took care of her so I didn't have--"

She finished her sentence with a groan of shock. Her sighs were concerning. The Queen brought her hands to her chest, where they were painted with red. She looked at her bloody palms in revelation. Her once black dress was stained, dripping with death. Her eyes—wide as ever. Her mouth—curling in pain. I heard a slicing sound from behind her. The pulling of a sharp blade. The Queen, mighty as ever, fell to her knees and behind her--was Jimin.

I hadn't even noticed that he was trailing behind in the stairwell. He hadn't been caught. How could I have not realized he was gone? The Noblewoman fell to her stomach, pale a lifeless. I saw Jimin's whole figure, now. In his grip was the knife he had used to take down the most powerful woman in the city. Just like that. I couldn't comprehend how he had snuck past the Champions guarding the room. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion.

I saw Jimin's face as he turned to see Noor. His eyes had turned hollow and relieved. One single breath of air drawing back as he realized his accomplishment. A small grin had formed on his lips. Like he knew exactly what was going to happen. Like he saw the future, and accepted it. And he didn't look scared or upset. He looked proud. Proud as he gazed into Noor's eyes. Relieved to see her face. But she had a different look: Shocked to see he was the one who killed the Queen. That he had saved us all. After abandoning us at the path. Jimin had redeemed himself. Her head shook as if she was rejecting his expression.

At last, Jimin began to say something.

"You're gonna--"

But he wasn't able to finish his sentence. Bullet holes began to pierce his body as the Champions changed their aim from us to him. Noor screamed in a way I had never heard; A cry of grief as she watched her childhood love take his last scattered breath. As he fell to the floor next to the Noblewoman. As he transformed into a cold, soulless body on the floor.

And just like that...It was over.

Jimin was dead.