Chapter 12.

You woke up to kisses being left on your face, Spencer. Your eyes were still closed, but your grin was wide, "Spence". Laughter left the two of you, "Am I not allowed to kiss my beautiful girlfriend?", You opened one of your eyes slightly and looked at him, "No". Grabbing your pillow, you put it over your face, "No, let me see your pretty face", Spencer groaned and tugged at the pillow. Tossing the pillow to the side you looked over at him, "I look gross in the morning". Spencer smiled and cuddled up to you, resting his chin on the top of your head, "You look beautiful, stop it". The two of you stayed cuddling for a little while, then you heard your phone ringing. You picked it up and answered it quickly, "Hey Hotch". Spencer laid on his back, looking over at you as you spoke over the phone, "Okay, yeah, sounds good, see you then". "Should I be expecting a call", Spencer sat up and reached for his phone, "Yeah, paperwork day, we have to be in at 9:00". Spencer's phone rang, he spoke to Hotch then hung up his phone. He groaned as you leaned against your pillow, "I know, I'd much rather stay in bed all day too". Spencer checked the time and smiled, "It's only 7:47, we have time". He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you onto his chest, "Is your love language physical touch?", you laughed softly and kissed the tip of his nose, which was slightly cold from the early morning air that was let in by the window that was left open. "What makes you think that?", Spencer smiled and rubbed your back softly, "Well, you're always near, always holding my hand, playing with my hair, resting your hands on me, hugging me, I like it, don't think I'm complaining about it", You smiled and Spencer looked at you, "Want to know the truth?", you nodded and waited for a response, "Everyone tends to leave, my Dad left, my Moms obviously not always around and that's not her fault, Maeve she-", You cut Spencer off, knowing that was still hard for him to talk about. "I know Spencer, it's okay", His eyes never left yours, "Everyone just leaves, I like to hold on to the things I love and with you, I like to quite literally hold onto you". You smiled and played with the strand of hair that had fallen around his face, "I love you". You placed your hand on his cheek, "I love you too, want to get ready and stop for coffee?", Spencer nodded in agreement and the both of you got up. After a few minutes of the two of you getting ready, you both walked to the car, Spencer drove. "If we have time, I'll stop at the shop in town you like and get us some breakfast also", You smiled excitedly at Spencer's remark and buckled up, "Don't have to tell me twice".

The two of you drove into town, Spencer stopping at your favorite breakfast spot first so he knew you got something to eat. He had gotten something to eat as well, but he still took bites from your food while driving to get the coffee, he claimed he couldn't eat his since he was driving. Although you knew he was capable of eating while driving, you didn't mind the small act of sharing your breakfast with him. "I'll have-", you started and Spencer cut you off, "Love, I know your order". You nodded, "Right, eidetic memory". He laughed softly and went inside to get your coffee. You sat in the car, playing music on the radio quietly as you waited for Spencer, you couldn't help but notice him through the big glass windows of the coffee shop. He stood confidently, although you knew he wasn't, his gun resting on his hip, hands tucked into his pockets. He was looking up at the sign above the counters, he knew the menu, he read it almost every day. His facial features were sharp compared to his soft, wavy hair that framed his face perfectly. The young man at the counter must have called his name, his attention now directed at him, he walked over and grabbed the coffees, making his way out of the shop and over to the car. Once he got in, you turned off the music and he handed you your coffee, placing his in the cup holder, "What were you listening to?", "Oh, I'm not really sure, just whatever came on". You sipped at your coffee and looked at him, "Mmm, this is so good, want to try it?", you held out your coffee and offered it to Spencer, "Sure". He didn't grab your coffee, he instead, grabbed your face gently, leaning in to kiss you, "Mm, that is good". A blush crept onto your face so you turned your head, "We are going to be late Doctor Reid". He only chuckled and started driving to work, the two of you making small talk on the way.